Mergers/Acquisitions/Strategic Planning and Investment Banking experience is preferred for this role!
Dead River Company delivers energy and peace of mind to customers throughout Northern New England with over 1,100 employees and a commitment to our core values of integrity, caring and excellence. We are aggressively looking to grow via acquisition, and are seeking an individual to join our Corporate Development team. . Reporting to the Chief Corporate Development Officer, this person will be responsible leading various acquisition projects and strategic corporate development initiatives.
1. In collaboration with the Chief Corporate Development Officer, oversees the full acquisition (M&A) process including deal sourcing, business and market assessment, valuation modeling, deal negotiation, due diligence, integration planning, and post close performance assessment.
2. Builds analytical models, performs financial analysis, and evaluates company and market information to value acquisition opportunities, and provides clear and well-founded recommendations to the executive leadership team.
3. Leads the due diligence process for acquisitions, ensuring deals are appropriately reviewed and cross-functional leaders and senior management are provided necessary and timely access to information.
4. Provides input and direction as a key member of the integration team.
5. Analyzes current and new markets to understand market structure and trends, and recommends strategic acquisition opportunities.
6. Collaborates with business and functional leaders to align the acquisition and business strategy.
7. Builds robust pipeline of potential acquisition targets by developing relationships internally across the organization, and externally with competitors, industry associations, brokers, and other industry influencers.
8. Assumes positions of leadership with trade associations and community boards.
9. Sets a high standard of corporate image and upholds the integrity of company policies and procedures.
1. Participates in special projects as needed.
This position requires 3+ years of relevant experience including a combination of corporate development, consulting, investment banking, private equity, and operations/general management. Prior acquisition experience is a must, industry experience is a plus.
Other Attributes Required:
1. Strong analytical, financial, and business valuation skills, with ability to work in ambiguous environments with limited information.
2. Strong strategic thinking and problem solving skills, with the ability to quickly analyze and assess complex business opportunities.
3. Ability to project manage large cross functional projects and build rapport throughout the organization and with external partners.
4. Action orientation, with ability to set priorities and create focus for others.
5. Excellent oral/written communication and presentation skills.
7. Exhibits Dead River Company core leadership competencies including:
- Business and financial acumen
- Lead and manage cross functional teams
- Strategic agility
- Drive for results
- Dealing with ambiguity
- Executive communication
- Problem solving
- Integrity and trust
A Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Economics, Business Administration, Math, Engineering or a related field is required. An MBA is strongly preferred.
This position frequently interacts with the executive leadership team, operational and functional leaders, and investment bankers, lawyers, and other external consultants.
The Corporate Development Manager makes decisions that support the overall business strategy of the organization.
Equipment and Tools Used:
Creating presentations and proposals for senior management, and complex Excel modeling.
Safety considerations relate to proper ergonomics in an office setting including appropriate work station and computer terminal setup. Safe and appropriate use of electronic equipment is expected.
Significant time is spent in an office setting with controlled temperatures. Occasional travel is required in this position and time could also be spent outside the office in various settings including all weather conditions and temperatures.
- Physical Requirements Analysis:
- The position requires frequent sitting along with occasional standing and walking
- There is frequent use of the fingers to write, use a computer, and handle paperwork
- There is frequent communication involving both speaking and listening in person and over the telephone