Our Fortune 500 company is driving a digital transformation and looking for forward-thinking innovators to disrupt how our industry thinks about and uses technology. As one of the world's leading employee benefits providers, we help millions of people gain affordable access to benefits that help them protect their families, their finances and their futures.
Are you an asker of questions, a solver of problems, and a challenger of the status quo? Our mission is to provide a differentiated customer experience and exceed the expectations people have of technology at any company — not just insurers.
We are seeking individuals to join our team of talented IT professionals who share never-ending passion and an unwavering focus on our customer experience. Team members comfortable working in an agile, fast-paced, and delivery-focused environment thrive in our environment where we value an entrepreneurial spirit and those who challenge the status-quo.
Unum is changing, and we’re excited about what’s next. Join us.
General Summary:Unum is seeking a talented Data Analyst who will be responsible for simple to moderately complex data profiling, analysis, mapping and modeling. You will collect data to provide statistical analysis to identify growth opportunities for the business, products, data and technology.You will work closely with Business Analysts, Senior Data Analysts, the business units, and Application development groups.
- Bachelors Degree preferred, and/or equivalent experience
- 2+ years experience with demonstrated success at the Associate level in Data Analysis or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of SQL for analysis and ability to create source extract queries
- Understanding of data profiling and analysis concepts, including data anomalies, data mapping activities.
- Understanding of data modeling concepts
- Ability to create simple to moderately complex data models and perform updates
- Ability to manage multiple tasks by paying close attention to detail
- Ability to work as part of a team and interact effectively with others
- Ability to embrace change, adapt to the unexpected, and focus energies, people, and solutions on practical and positive results
- Basic problem solving & strong communications skills
- Strong team player; able to work effectively within a team and more broadly with people from a variety of backgrounds and areas across the organization.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Conduct data profiling and analysis to evaluate data sources to determine the best source for business information.
- Complete source to target data mapping specifications (e.g. source to target can be from one DBMS table to another DBMS table, from a DBMS table into a canonical message structure, etc.)
- Design simple to moderately complex, flexible data models (conceptual and logical) through collaborations with analysts, engineers, and Physical DBA.
- Create/Capture documentation (metadata) that is up-to-date.
- Collaborate with the test engineers to perform data validation and testing activities as appropriate.
- Develop and maintain knowledge of the insurance industry.
- Develop and maintain knowledge of data stored in company databases.
- Adhere to approved architectural standards.
- Thinks with the mind of the end customer at all times, ensuring solutions seek to improve the customer experience and delight their customers.
Our company is built on helping individuals and families, and this starts with our employees. We want employees to maintain a positive balance, which is why we provide access to the benefits and resources they need to invest in themselves. From our onsite fitness facilities and generous paid time off to employee professional development programs, we are committed to helping employees live and work their best – both inside and outside the office.
Unum is an equal opportunity employer, considering all qualified applicants and employees for hiring, placement, and advancement, without regard to a person's race, color, religion, national origin, age, genetic information, military status, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, or protected veteran status.