The ideal candidate for this position will be a law student with a particular interest in health law & health care systems operations.
Skillset should include:
-Excellent research & writing skills
-Ability to work independently
-Ability to prioritize tasks within assigned projects
-Ability to maintain confidentiality in performance duties
This intern will be exposed to a wide array of tasks in working with the 8 attorneys that comprise the Legal Affairs department.
Typical work will include legal research and memo drafting, attending client meetings, interviewing, management of litigation matters, providing advice to clients, reviewing contracts and other agreements, and drafting policy and other guidance documents.
Areas of law involved will likely include:
-Administrative and regulatory
-Patient rights and consent
-Corporate and non-profit governance
Large scope research/memo drafting may also be assigned.
We are looking for motivated individuals who are interested in gaining valuable, hands-on experience and making a real difference while working within the healthcare field. MaineHealth interns will have the exciting opportunity to work, learn, and develop their skills at the largest healthcare organization in Maine. Interns provide administrative and project support within their department, and are valued members of each department team.
The MaineHealth Internship Program runs from June 1st – August 7th 2020.
We offer FREE bus trips to our employees traveling on the Greater Portland Metro (including BREEZ and HUSKY lines), South Portland Bus Service, and ShuttleBus-ZOOM.
Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
– Education: Student who is currently enrolled in a four-year degree program in pursuit of a Bachelor’s degree preferred.
– License/Certifications: N/A
– Experience: N/A
– Strong analytical thinking.
– Must work independently, take initiative to complete assigned projects with minimal direction, and be able to prioritize tasks within an assigned project.
– Ability to maintain confidentiality in the performance of duties.
– Excellent communication and presentation skills, both oral and written.
– Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products and other technologies as needed.