Type: Full-time, Salary
Location: Portland, Maine
Tilson is a high growth team of driven professionals with a national practice. We are on a mission to build America’s information infrastructure. We accomplish this with a team of experts working collaboratively on meaningful, impactful projects for great clients. Our team environment fosters intellectual curiosity, motivates employees, and cultivates talented people who work with purpose, mastery and autonomy. We strive to listen to our clients, partner with them as a team, and accept their goals as our own.
Tilson has been recognized on the Inc. 5000 list of fastest growing private companies in the U.S. for eight years in a row.
We are seeking a full-time OSP Specialist to complete various engineering support and design tasks to assist in OSP engineering projects. This individual will take direction from team lead and work closely with engineering personnel to create accurate engineering packages for permitting and construction. An ability to work in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple projects, is a must.
- Receive and review engineering data for accuracy and completeness
- Take direction and complete internal training as needed to learn role and responsibilities
- Assist with administrative type tasks as directed by lead engineer to ensure project milestones are met
- Maintain orderly records and project documents
- Take steps necessary to understand all local, state and federal codes and requirements as it relates to project
- Create engineering design deliverables and supporting documentation utilizing all Tilson engineering systems, including GIS, CAD, databases, mobile applications
- Work within defined QA/QC review process to ensure accuracy
- Assist senior engineer in designing and creating construction and permit packages according to client and project requirements
- Complete other desktop functions as directed by team lead/Project Manager
- Perform field survey and process data according to Tilson procedures, as guided by engineering lead
- High school diploma or equivalent. College degree in technical field preferred.
- Ability to use smartphones, tablets, technical applications, and web-based programs to complete field or desktop surveys
- Understand OSP telecommunication engineering and construction terminology
- Attention to detail, self-motivated and a team player
- Have a base understanding of engineering solutions as it relates to telecom
- Desire to learn OSP engineering role
- Proven interest and skills with various technical procedures and engineering type tasks
- Willing to seek out other assignments or tasks that need to be completed
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel & Outlook) and Adobe Acrobat
- Comfort with Google Earth, GIS or other mapping applications
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Valid driver’s license
Successful candidates will be required to submit to a criminal background check.
Tilson offers a competitive benefits package, including:
- Paid time off
- Healthcare, disability, dental and life insurance benefits
- 401(k) retirement savings plan with automatic company contribution
- Entrepreneurial, highly technical and customer-focused work environment
Our mission is to serve our customers by building, integrating, and maintaining the information technology and communications infrastructure that enables great organizations to innovate and deliver.
Tilson is a world leader in executing information and communications technology projects to build a more connected world. We accomplish this with a team of experts working collaboratively on meaningful, impactful projects for great clients. Our team environment fosters intellectual curiosity, motivates employees, and cultivates talented people who work with purpose, mastery, and autonomy. We strive to listen to our clients, partner with them as a team, and accept their goals as our own.
We will run our business sustainably, for its financial health, its people and the public good. We believe in:
- Safety- above bottom line. Cutting corners is never an option.
- Integrity- we do what is right, even if doing so puts us at a temporary disadvantage.
- Accountability- everyone at Tilson is accountable for the work we do as a whole.
- Professionalism- be trusted by our clients to be their ‘get it done’ team.
- Respect- for our employees, clients, and partners.
- Composure- we are comfortable in chaos and trust that we will always find a way through any challenge.
Tilson is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action employer
Tilson provides equal opportunity to all employees on the basis of individual qualification without regard to race, sex, religion, color, age, national origin, physical and mental disability, genetic information and history, sexual orientation, or other category protected by state or federal law. Tilson does not discriminate in the recruitment, hiring, compensation, promotion, transfer, benefits, or any other condition of employment.
- Principals only. Recruiters should not contact Tilson.
- No phone calls please.