MEMIC’s Summer Internship Program is 11 weeks filled with meaningful work, learning sessions and networking opportunities. Our goal is to help prepare our interns for their future careers by providing them with hands on experience related to their field of study. This is a paid internship and students can receive credit toward their degree. The program will begin on June 1st and end on August 14th. This internship will be full-time (37.5 hours per week).
The IT Project Management Office Intern will gain practical experience with many different aspects of project management, systems development and process management within an IT organization. The Intern will assist the Director, PMO, Project Managers and Business Analysts with process documentation for specific functions and projects. By the end of the internship, the student will have a broad knowledge of IT Project Management functions, the Project Management Life Cycle and Systems Development Life Cycle. The individual will need strong written and verbal communications skills in order to document current state processes and help develop updated versions of key project management documents and process documents.
- Documents workflows and processes in Microsoft Word, Visio and PowerPoint.
- Reviews existing documentation and updates as needed.
- Participates in projects and project team meetings to learn about project management and the application of tools and templates. Assists with preparing agendas, notes and schedules for meetings.
- Prepares general communications and processes mapping documents and policy updates.
- Depending on skill level, may be assigned low-complexity projects to lead with oversight by a Project Manager, Business Systems Analyst or the Director, PMO.
- Must be pursuing a Bachelor’s degree. Technical Writing, Communications or other related majors preferred.
- Must be able to work and succeed in a team-oriented environment.
- Must have the ability to complete projects on a timely basis, identify obvious problems and bring them to the attention of their supervisor.
- Must have the ability to work independently while demonstrating initiative and creativity.
- Must have Microsoft Office suite experience.
- Must have a minimum GPA of 3.0.
- Must have excellent customer service skills.
MEMIC is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination and equal opportunity for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, genetics, gender identity, veteran's status, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law