This is a great opportunity to start a career with a company that makes a difference in people’s lives. MMG prides itself on exceptional customer service, a friendly and flexible work environment, and professional employee development. We offer a competitive benefits package with a strong 401k, industry education, and degree completion assistance. Our Processing Clerks Supports Claims staff by performing clerical functions such as indexing, keying payments and notices, updating and maintaining loss notices, related documentation, and other clerical functions as assigned.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Calls or writes insureds, agents or other involved persons for missing information and posts or attaches information to claims' files or other related or similar files.
- Reviews insurance claim forms and related documents to verify completion.
- Reviews insurance policies to verify basic coverage information.
- Keys authorized claims' payments.
- Processes towing claims, agency drafts; keys and routes Claims’ Reports to Underwriting (CRUs).
- Keys and/or types transcriptions of recorded text.
- Files documents in paper files, organizing, updating and maintaining overall central filing system.
- Maintains resource materials (i.e., Property/Casualty Loss Research Bureau; Maine, New Hampshire and Vermont Insurance Law, Regulations and Related Laws, etc.) by inserting updates on a weekly basis.
- Codes and keys losses.
- Reviews drafts to verify completion.
- Faxes, photocopies, retrieves, separates, sorts, matches and distributes mail within Imaging system.
- Obtains information from various sources at the request of adjusters.
- Sends and receives Customer Surveys.
- Maintains spreadsheets with data results.
- Travels to fulfill educational requirements. (May include overnight stays.)
- Other duties may be assigned.
*Interested applicants must apply through Company website www.mmgins.com/careers