Schedule: Regular Part-time
GENERAL DESCRIPTION/STATEMENT: The Guest Relations Specialist I works independently and in collaboration with Volunteer Services Manager and Guest Relations Volunteers to carry out essential functions as defined below.
1. Coordinates the flow of outpatients through the registration process.
2. Assists patients with needs, i.e., direction, wheelchair assist and escorting.
3. Coordinates wheelchair availability and distribution.
4. Assists with recruitment of Volunteers.
5. Coordinates Guest Relation's Volunteer activities.
6. Orients Volunteers to department area, tasks and responsibilities.
7. Coordinates volunteer task daily activities.
8. Assists Volunteer Manager and Guest Relation Specialist II with departmental new employee orientation as needed.
9. Completes all daily Gift Shop sales cash ups and prepares deposits.
10. Assists Gift Shop volunteers as needed.
12. Assist Volunteer Services Manager with events as needed, i.e., Healthy Aging Program, Blood Drives, Health Fair, Volunteer Recognition Celebrations, etc.)
13. Assists the Volunteer Services Manager with a multitude of office clerical duties asneeded.
OTHER RESPONSIBILITIES: As assigned
EDUCATION SKILLS, EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
1. High school diploma or G.E.D.
2. Excellent organizational and communication skills
3. Ability to work independently
4. Entry level computer skills
5. Excellent Customer Service skills
6. Great attention to details
7. Ability to multi-task with many interruptions
PHYSICAL DEMAND REQUIREMENTS:
1. Sitting. 6-7 hours/day.
2. Standing. 1-2 hours/day.
3. Walking. 2-3 hours/day
4. Lifting. 1-25lbs with good body mechanics.
5. Twisting. Frequently, 1 or greater twists/day (not continuous).
6. Bending. 1 bends hours/day. (not continuous)
7. Squatting/Kneeling. 1 hours/day (not continuous).
8. Endurance. Moderate to high energy requirements.
9. Wrist Position. Extensive deviation (typing 1 – 2 hours day).
10. Pinching. Frequent, pinches per day.
11. Hand/Wrist Repetitions. 1-2 hours day or more. (typing)
12. Manual Dexterity. Frequent fine motor skills required. (wheelchair assist)
13. Either Handedness. 70%- 100% of job cycle time.
14. Both Handedness. 70%-100% of job cycle time.
15. Sight. Requires corrected 20/20 near vision and minimal far vision.
16. Hearing. Can hear whispered voice at twelve (12) feet and via phone.
17. Speech. Frequent clear speaking 4-8 hours ability required.
18. Exposure to Infection. Moderate
1. High/Low Temperature. Work environment 70 - 80?F.
2. Noise. Slight, occasionally fairly loud sounds.
3. WorkingwithOthers. Close association is frequent and compromises a major portion of the job.
4. BodyInjuries. Slight likelihood of significant traumatic injury - deep cuts, fractures or permanent disabling injuries.
5. MovingObjects. Somewhat likelihood of significant injury from moving objects
6. ToxicConditions. Slight likelihood of exposure to toxic conditions.
7. WorkingwithOthers. Great, association is frequent and comprises a major portion of
8. RoleAmbiguity. Slight, rarely is it not clear what others expect of the worker.
1. Problem-Solving Skills. Occasional problem-solving skills required.
2. Judgment/Assessment. Continuously assesses situations and determines corrective actions needed.
3. Supervision. Supervises on duty volunteer/individuals.
4. Reading/Comprehension. Must be able to read and comprehend greater than Grade 10 level of instructions.
5. Math/Arithmetic. Must be able to add, subtract, multiply, divide, perform fractions, and calculate percentages.
1.ComposureUnderWorkingConditions (including demanding, and/or rude, patients/staff/visitors). Must remain calm and exercise self-control in working relationships with patients, staff, and visitors.
2. CopingSkillsforStressesAssociatedwithIllness,Disability,Dyingand/orDeath. Works directly with persons who are or may become ill, disabled, or dying on a regular basis; must possess skills to cope with stresses associated with illness, disability, dying, and death.
INTERPERSONAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
1. Willingness to work cooperatively is necessary.
2. Strong public relations and customer satisfaction motivation.
3. Must project a professional image at all times.
4. Compassion, caring and willingness to go beyond to satisfy customer needs.
5. Very perceptive to customer needs before being asked.
6. Receptive and helpful attitude is a must
Equal Opportunity Employment