Northern Light Blue Hill Hospital
Position is located: Northern Light Blue Hill Hospital
Operates x-ray equipment to make radiographs of various anatomical structures of the body with the least discomfort to the patient to provide images of diagnostic quality. Works with patients, providers, families, co-workers, and other departments to provide high quality images and patient care. On call and holiday rotation required.
- Will reliably report to work as scheduled.
- Will act as a role model for other employees within the department and organization.
- Will adheres to BHMH professional appearance policy / dress code.
- Will maintains and exhibit a professional, positive attitude towards co-workers, work, and organization.
- Will follow the expectations described in the Employee Expectations of Performance.
- Will demonstrate a commitment to co-workers, job duties, and organization (e.g., team player).
- Will provide excellent customer service, both for internal and/or external customers.
- Will respond to phone calls, voice mail messages, and emails in a timely manner.
- Will prioritize work flow to keep patient waiting to the least amount possible.
- Will complete HealthStream training as required for current year (or preceding year if evaluation occurs in January).
- Will Adhere to "EMHS Code of Conduct" and follows all applicable compliance policies/regulations.
- Will works safely and follows all safety policies; reports incidents or hazards immediately.
- Proper handwashing/gelling will be followed at all times.
- Will keep continuing education requirements and necessary license current if applicable.
- Will seeks out ways to reduce operating costs or increase efficiency within role/department.
- Will act in a cost conscious manner with regard to use of supplies.
- Work regularly scheduled budgeted hours .
- Supports and embraces change in job and organization.
- Proactively seeks out solutions to problems.
- Continually develops skills and/or job knowledge.
- Participates in skills training opportunities available to him/her.
- Attends and participates in department meetings & in-services.
- Will participate when asked with notice in service to community events.
- Will act as an agent of the hospital in the community and will support the hospital's mission statement.
Licensed as Radiologic Technologist Required. BLS Required.
Competencies and skills:
* Achieves Results: Sets high standards for their own outcomes and seizes opportunities to engage others towards objectives. Consistently moves forward with direct actions in order to attain or exceed objectives. Manages their own time effectively to accomplish assigned tasks. Successfully prioritizes multiple projects and duties as needed.
* Demonstrates Adaptability: Learns quickly when facing a new problem or unfamiliar task; is flexible in their approach with changing priorities and ambiguity. Manages change effectively and does not give up during adversity. Capable of changing one's behavioral style and/or views in order to attain a goal. Absorbs new information readily and puts it into practice effectively.
* Demonstrates Emotional Intelligence: Exhibits a high level of self-awareness, self-management, other awareness and relationship management. Conducts themselves in an empathic, appropriate way, with a sense of humor and stimulates a collaborative work environment. Is respectful of the attitudes, feelings, or circumstances of others and aware of the influence of their own behavior on them. Is aware of relevant social, political, system, and professional trends and developments and uses this information for the organization's benefit.
* Effectively Communicates: Listens, speaks and writes appropriately, using clear language. Communication methods are fitting to the message(s), audience, and situation and follow-ups are regular and timely. Shows that important (non-) verbal information is absorbed and understood and asks further questions to clarify when necessary. Expresses ideas and views clearly to others and has ability to adjust use of language to the audiences' level.
* Exercises Sound Judgment & Decision Making: Understands and processes complex information, which allows for appropriate and accountable conclusions. Does not react too quickly or slowly. Balances facts, goals, and potential approaches taking the appropriate criteria into account. Makes active decisions and commits oneself by communicating confidently and respectfully.
* Influences and Inspires: Builds enthusiasm and commitment among others to move in a desired direction and models it personally. Creates a compelling vision of success that motivates workplace initiative and energizes others to follow. Provides direction and guidance to encourage cooperation between team members in order to attain an objective. Has the ability to appropriately influence others' actions and decisions with and without express authority.
* No previous experience required.
* Promotes Health and Safety: Promotes a healthy and safe environment for patients, employees and visitors. Advocates and models healthy physical and mental health behaviors even in challenging circumstances. Sets high quality standards and strives for continuous improvement and quality assurance by reporting and encouraging others to report near misses and safety issues.
* Resolves Conflict: Promptly acts to find alternatives/solutions when team members disagree. Addresses issues in a direct, honest, and appropriate manner. Handles conflicting interests diplomatically and helps to solve them. Transforms difficult situations into teachable moments using respect and accountability .
* Seeks Process Improvement & Applies System Thinking: Possesses and gains insight into situations, problems and processes. Understands the interconnection between organizational elements. Deconstructs problems and systematically investigates the various components. Considers the impact of actions on the entire process/system. Detects problems and opportunities, recognizes important information, and links various data to trace potential causes and relevant details.
* Utilizes Resources Effectively: Understands how to get the most out of available resources and uses cost-benefit thinking in decision-making and in setting priorities. Monitors and analyzes resource usage to identify and eliminate areas of waste and maximize resources. As a leader, defines targets and provides appropriate means; oversees progress and makes adjustments when necessary. Appropriately delegates work, sets clear direction and manages workflow and time.
* Radiologic Tech-Radiographer licensed in the State of Maine or eligible to obtain.
* Associate's Degree
* Extend body and limbs to reach items.
* Lifting, moving and loading over 50 pounds.
Equal Opportunity Employment
We are an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, disability status, gender, sexual orientation, ancestry, protected veteran status, national origin, genetic information or any other legally protected status