Job Posting End Date: 09/12
Unum is a company of people serving people. As one of the world's leading employee benefits providers and a Fortune 500 company, Unum's financial protection benefits help protect more than 36 million working people and their families from the financial impact of illness or injury. Unum's three distinct, but similarly focused US businesses – Unum US, Colonial Life, and Starmount Life – are each a market leader in making disability, life, accident, critical illness, dental, and vision insurance accessible in the workplace.
Headquartered in Chattanooga, Tennessee, Unum has significant US operations in Portland, Maine, Worcester, Massachusetts, and Glendale, California with over 35 field offices nationwide. Colonial Life is headquartered in Columbia, South Carolina with over 40 field offices nationwide. Starmount Life is based in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, and is the dental and vision center of excellence for Unum in the US.
General Summary:Why join our team?
Unum is a company of people serving people. As one of the world's leading employee benefits providers and a Fortune 500 company, Unum's financial protection benefits help protect more than 33 million working people and their families from the financial impact of illness or injury.
The Absence Management Center is focused on how we can make it easier for our
customers to utilize their Unum Short Term Disability & Leave Absence Management benefits when they need to take a leave of absence from work.
Being absent from work shouldn't add unnecessary stress to our clients’ employees - we will offer peace of mind to our customers by providing empathy in every interaction, making the process simple and providing expertise on their claim/leave. Our clients’ trust us to take care of their employees in a time of need, such as needing to take a leave of absence from work. We take pride in the services we provide – both what we do and how we do it.
The Eligibility Specialist is responsible for the initial claim and leave markup, as well as determining eligibility for the absence event according to the features of the given product or service. Specialists in this role must exercise independent judgement when making claim and leave eligibility decisions. The specialist interacts with claimants/employers and partners with other business areas so strong customer service and communication skills are required. In addition, the specialist will need to demonstrate the ability to operate across multiple systems simultaneously, use dual monitors, and perform in a paperless work environment.
What we offer:
• Minimum $16 per hour salary
• Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits available on the first day of employment
• Defined Contribution Plan along with 401K matching to help you plan for your retirement
• Paid Time Off, holiday and leave of absence programs
• Flexible Breaks
• Tuition Reimbursement
• Paid Family Leave
• Employee assistance programs
• Business casual dress code
• Onsite fitness and dining facilities
• Volunteer opportunities
• Employee resource groups with a strong focus on diversity and inclusion
• Career Growth Opportunities
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Complete processing of new leaves and complete all daily follow-ups assigned
- Determine eligibility and availability of leave time for each employee requesting leave for FMLA, State, and applicable Corporate protections
- Determine and generate appropriate communications to comply with FMLA and State regulations and customer procedures
- Independently determine appropriate status of leave under FMLA and state leave regulations taking into consideration regulatory requirements, company-specific requirements.
- Determine and provide initial Short-Term Disability eligibility evaluation
- Systematic initiation of new claims in support of various Unum product types utilizing the appropriate claim adjudication system.
- Perform a policy coverage search to determine claim filing eligibility and process/triage based on standard and/or customized policy instructions.
- Manage pending/incomplete prior to triage/assignment to the corresponding claims organization/team.
- Contribute to individual quality/production expectations to ensure the achievement of organizational turnaround time expectations.
- Promote a positive customer service experience through prompt, accurate and courteous responses to internal and external customers’ expectations.
- Continue to build additional knowledge and understanding of the Unum business
- Participate in training/development of new staff.
- Daily team huddle participation.
- Identify trends, issues and innovative ideas and partner in solutions.
- Identify and capitalize on best practices to ensure consistency and optimal performance in a team-based environment.
- Identify and share process improvements to enhance customer service.
- Demonstrate leadership by promoting a positive team environment which results in motivated and empowered peers.
- Support various project work as needed.
- May perform other duties as needed.
- High school diploma or equivalent required. 4-year degree or similar experience preferred
- Strong business communication skills (telephone, e-mail, written)
- Strong computer skills, must be able to work in a paperless environment, using multiple systems, with dual monitors
- Ability to operate in a fast pace, multi-tasking environment
- Decision making, problem solving and analytical skills
- Attention to detail and organizational skills
- Strong work ethic with consistent job attendance history
- Action oriented, results driven and a team player that includes working with team members in a cross-site work environment
- Possess an innovative mindset and is adaptable to change; ability to deal with multiple, concurrent and rapidly changing demands
- Seeks out job challenges and opportunities to constantly improve skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and customer relationship skills
- Understanding of Short Term Disability and Family Medical Leave Act or general insurance/claims experience preferred
Unum and its family of businesses offer world-class training and development, generous compensation and benefits packages, and a culture built on employee ideas.
Unum is an equal opportunity employer, considering all qualified applicants and employees for hiring, placement, and advancement, without regard to a person's race, color, religion, national origin, age, genetic information, military status, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, or protected veteran status.