- Manage the Accuracy Control (AC) Team comprised of AC Engineers and Surveyors supporting activities across all three shifts in all facilities. Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Manage and establish staffing plans to support AC work on each hull to meet current budgets and Estimates at Completion (EAC’s).
- Apply resources to support Production needs in a timely manner with a high level of accuracy and consistency.
• Develop team to analyze all collected forms of Accuracy Control data. Team will function as specialists for various specific technical disciplines within the shipbuilding environment. This information will be used to ensure the accuracy of constructed assemblies, create process improvements, and instigate detail design changes, where necessary, to improve BIW’s Production Processes
• Ensure team is conducting field surveys using various Metrology instruments and analyze resulting data & develop reports using Metrology software
· Develop standard practices for AC measurement and reporting to ensure team consistently performs with a high degree of repeatability and reproducibility• Foster an active program of professional and technical development for both salary and hourly employees. Identify and resolve skill inadequacies through training and assignments.
• Sponsor a safety conscious environment and ensure that safety processes/procedures are followed by all members of the Team.
• Be visible on the deck-plates to ensure that Production is receiving the required service levels, and that AC Team members have adequate support to be successful.
• Maintain and develop where needed AC process control procedures
• Manage a successful team to organize, conduct and document special studies examining the accuracy of BIW’s process
• Serve as a highly effective point of contact (within specific discipline) in department
• Maintain a professional working environment, including expectation setting, accountability, and resolution of personnel issues in a timely manner.
• Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering or related education
• Minimum 10+ years of surveying or other measurement techniques and data processing experience preferred
• Prefer experience in shipyard or large industrial manufacturing environment
• Prefer Design Accuracy Control experience
• Demonstrated expertise within discipline, with specialized knowledge of process discipline.
• Understand and help develop and improve build strategy and productivity concepts.
• Strong knowledge / skill of PC and CAD utilizing skill in: Technical writing, ship terminology, blueprint reading, math with a thorough understanding of geometry, statistical analysis knowledge, knowledge of Microsoft with emphasis on XLs.
- Strong, effective leadership and communication skills required
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage conflict and multiple priorities required
• Demonstrated ability to prepare and make oral and written presentations to senior management and customer required