FUNCTION: The Quality Assurance and Reporting Specialist works with a team primarily within Deposit Operations responsible for ensuring the quality, accuracy, and integrity associated with Bangor Savings Bank deposit products and customer information. They will review an array of critical, customer impacting, or regulatory required items for accuracy and completeness, and take appropriate action when necessary. They will also perform a wide range of reporting on various deposit products and customer files required by both internal and external sources.
- Reviews all account opening documentation related to new Checking Accounts, Savings Accounts, CDs, and related deposit products. This includes Signature Cards, Resolutions, CD Agreements, IRA Applications, Link Protections, Overdraft Options, and other legal documentation.
- Analyzes several customer or regulatory impacting critical maintenance fields within the Customer Information and Deposit Account files for accuracy.
- Performs a variety of required reporting around 1099 & 5498 taxes, IRA’s, Excess Debit’s, Chexsystems, and Asset Verifications.
- Monitors an assortment of key reports related to the integrity of deposit products and customer information, and takes appropriate actions.
- Reviews and validates customer statements, and produces additional statements as necessary. Maintains account statements to minimize bank expenses through combining.
- Notifies others when issues are identified, and notifies the appropriate leadership members when any trends or recurring issues are identified.
- Maintains a strong understanding of Jack Henry Silverlake, Jack Henry Synergy, Chexsystems, and other critical bank systems, and works with the appropriate third party contacts when issues or questions arise.
- Proactively looks for and communicates opportunities for process improvements within their team, the department, or the bank which lead to efficiency, better customer service, or risk reduction.
- Communicates any pertinent information to supervisors, team members, and internal/external customers to ensure timely resolution of all problems and customer service situations.
- A Level I Quality Assurance and Reporting Specialist will be proactively training towards gaining sufficient knowledge in the processes and accountabilities associated with the position in order to be able to operate independently and with a high level of confidence.
- A Level II Quality Assurance and Reporting Specialist will be fully proficient in all, or nearly all, processes associated with the position, be able to operate with minimal supervision or assistance, and will proactively work towards cross training team members, updating procedures, and assisting with more complex or higher level tasks as necessary.
- A Level III/Senior Quality Assurance and Reporting Specialist will have a detailed understanding of job specific processes as well as the impact and relation to other processes and business lines, will routinely work with highly complex or detailed problems, will proactively assist with projects and identifying process improvements, and will exhibit leadership by example within the department as a whole.
- Consistently maintains a high level of customer service when dealing with customers and employees and strives to complete all time-sensitive processes by the appropriate deadline.
- Interacts harmoniously and effectively with others, focusing upon the attainment of bank goals and objectives through a commitment to teamwork.
- Conforms to acceptable punctuality/attendance standards as expressed in the Employee Handbook.
- Performs additional duties as requested.
Compliance and Control:
- Assists in ensuring that the Bank is in compliance with local, state and federal regulations. Completes Risk Management and Performance Measurement tasks assigned by Management in a timely manner.
- Adaptability/Flexibility – Adapts to change, is open to new ideas, takes on new challenges, handles pressure, and adjusts plans to meet changing needs.
- Initiative – Takes independent action, operates as a pro-active self-starter, and acts on opportunities, practices self-development.
- Integrity/Ethics – Deals with others in a straightforward and honest manner, is accountable for actions, maintains confidentiality, supports company values, and conveys news good or bad.
- Interpersonal Skills – Has excellent communication skills, both written and verbal as well as the ability to exhibit active listening skills and being open other viewpoints, perspectives, etc.
- Vision/Values – Supports company mission/values through daily actions and decisions, communicates the Bank’s vision, mission and values to others, incorporates vision when planning
- High school diploma or equivalent required. College, business or banking professional training preferred.
- High degree of analytical skills and the ability to handle complex problems.
- Strong multitasking skills including the ability to remain highly accurate with the data while completing multiple simultaneous tasks.
- Exhibits professionalism in handling multiple tasks in a fast paced-environment.
- Organized, sets priorities, and meets deadlines.
- Strong communications skills, both verbal and written.
- Excellent customer service skills required.
- Attention to detail, emphasis on accuracy.
- Ability to work with little supervision.
- Strong proficiency with computer systems. Experience with Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel.
Physical Demands/Conditions Requirements:
- General office environment
- Moderate lifting (to 35 lbs.) required. Moderate reaching, walking, sitting and standing required
External and internal applications, as well as position incumbents who become disabled, must be able to perform the essential functions (as listed) either unaided or with the assistance of a reasonable accommodation to be determined by management on an individual basis.