Join Martin's Point Health Care - an innovative, not-for-profit health care organization offering care and coverage to the people of Maine and beyond. As a joined force of "people caring for people," Martin's Point employees are on a mission to transform our health care system while creating a healthier community. Martin's Point employees enjoy an organizational culture of trust and respect, where our values - taking care of ourselves and others, continuous learning, helping each other, and having fun - are brought to life every day. Join us and find out for yourself why Martin's Point has been certified as a "Great Place to Work" since 2015. ADDING A 2nd, FT, MASTERS-LEVEL, CO-OP STUDENT TO THE SECURITY TEAM! APPLY TODAY TO START IN JULY! EARN $25.00+/hour THROUGH DECEMBER.The Information Security Associate Co-op role will assist in the development and implementation of strategic and operational Information Security programs designed to protecting the organization's IT systems and software from malicious activity and technology breaches. The Information Security Co-Op Associate will be working closely with various members of the Information Security team on technology solutions that mature our incident response, sustain our governance, lower and protect our risk, and enhance our comprehensive compliance (GRC) program. This role will have the opportunity to assist in standards development, program development and strategies, risk assessment, and reporting related to information security.
- Assist the Information Security Team in the implementation, execution, and automation of the incident response, business continuity, disaster recovery, and audit programs
- Help coordinate response to information security incidents and threats in alignment with MPHC policies
- Assess, manage, document and coordinate information and cyber vulnerabilities throughout the organization to ensure proper remediation
- Work with the technical experts in the IT department to streamline workflows and processes to ensure efficient and thorough support to meet organizational audit requirements
- Develop, define, review, and enforce information security policy, standards and guidelines to support business operations and technology implementations
- Help to proactively identify information and IT security risks including IT technical implementations or business processes to ensure proper remediation
- Assist the team with the coordination of group-wide and company-wide information security matters such as business continuity, disaster recovery, incident response, intrusion detection management, and cyber security advisories in alignment with industry best practices
- Assist with the preparation and coordination of disaster recovery and business continuity meetings with designated business owners to support the development and maintenance of BCP and DR plans
- Prepare and manage metrics for the incident response, business continuity, and disaster recovery programs to ensure progress is meeting desired outcomes
- Prepare and manage incident response, business continuity, and disaster recovery exercises to validate business resiliency and efficacy of the plans
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, business administration, management, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience with information security methodologies, business continuity, disaster recovery, policy and technical reporting writing, information security technologies, incident response, project management, open-source technologies, and various operating systems preferred
- Healthcare experience and familiarity with HIPAA/HITECH, PCI-DSS, NIST 800-53, and NIST 800-171 is highly desirable
- In compliance with MPHC’s Department of Defense government contract, any/all persons hired for this position will need to verify their US citizenship and complete the required employment eligibility verification upon hire. ?
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
Do you have a question about careers at Martin’s Point Health Care? Contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org