Medical Assistant 38+ hrs. per week 4 day week
Family Practice Leeds
DFD Russell Medical Centers (DFDRMC) operates three community health centers in central Maine and one in Bridgton, Maine. We are seeking a full time Certified Medical Assistant (we are willing to train the right individual) to join our healthcare centers in our Leeds location. Our health care centers strive to provide excellent customer service to our patients and their families. Pay range based on experience. If you are compassionate, ambitious and share our values we have an exciting opportunity on our team!
- 4 day work week
- 12 holidays per year
- Retirement plans with employer match
- Health, Dental & Life Insurance available
- Generous paid time off
- Full vaccination required, Including Covid and Booster(s) are mandatory.
- Facilitates the patient flow through the practice by anticipating patient and provider needs and coordinating exam room availability, visit schedule and visit type.
- Provides documentation of patient care in accordance with regulatory requirements, quality initiatives, policies and procedures.
- Uses electronic or other medical record systems and multiple computer applications.
- Prepares patients for provider visits by collecting patient data according to patient care guidelines.
- Prepares patients for procedures as necessary.
- May support providers in patient requests and needs for refills of medications.
- Assists in patient follow-up care by providing necessary information, referrals and paperwork.
- Provides support in the laboratory as needed.
- Provides telephone, reception, records maintenance and scheduling support to the clerical areas of the practice based on departmental requirements.
The ideal candidate will have:
- BLS required
- 1 year or more experience, preferred
- MA Certification, preferred but willing to train the right candidate
- Ability to work independently, effective time management and problem solving skills, able to manage multiple priorities
- Detail-oriented, with strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task
- Confident and effective oral and written communication skills
DFD Russell is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $18.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- 10 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
All DFD Russell Medical Centers staff are required to have COVID-19 vaccination and boosters as needed, annual Influenza vaccination, and other vaccines per protocols.
- Fully vaccinated is a DFD requirement. Have you had the Covid19 vaccination(s) and booster; or are you willing to obtain if hired?
Work Location: One location