POSITION SUMMARY: Provides support to the Payroll Manager for the weekly processing and to the HR Team in an administrative role.
1. Accurately inputs data received by payroll pertaining to employee records in UltiPro.
2. Reconciles weekly gross to net tax recap.
3. Responds to employee inquiries regarding payroll and accrual balances.
4. Assists with maintaining personnel files.
5. Assists with completion of payroll related census requests.
6. Serves as primary backup for the Payroll Manager.
7. Prepare Welcome Packets for new employees
8. Responds in a timely manner to Unemployment Requests and Verifications of Employment
9. Review and update Employee Handbook and HR Policies and Procedures as needed
10. Oversees Required Federal and State bulletin board postings
11. Assists with administering Scholarship Program, Tuition Reimbursement and Time To Share program
12. Coordinates Employee Anniversary Award Program
13. Assists with 401(k) mailings
14. Maintain UltiPro home page communications
15. Supports Benefits specialist with new hire and termination mailings
16. Distribute performance reviews: Annual, Mid-year, and Six-month
17. Data/document entry and report retrieval in UltiPro and DocStar
18. Serve as initial HR contact to managers and employees in the company
19. May require periodic travel to assist HR/Benefits team with newly acquired employees
Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
* High school diploma with some college work preferred.
* Solid understanding of Microsoft Word and Excel software
* Prior payroll and/or accounting experience preferred.
OTHER ATTRIBUTES REQUIRED:
* Attention to detail is imperative
* Organizational and time management skills
* Strong verbal and written communication skills required
* Discretion in regard to access to confidential information
* Ability to work as part of a team
* Willingness to learn and perform any task within the department
* Ability to work under pressure and time constraints
INTERACTION WITH OTHERS:
There is frequent interaction with employees in the Payroll & Benefits Department and occasional interaction with other employees at market offices and outside parties looking for specific employee information.
DECISION-MAKING AND AUTHORITY:
Work assignments are routine and specific and performed under general supervision with problems or questions referred to the Payroll Manager.
Equipment used in this position includes a personal computer, printers, photo copiers, and fax machine.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
The work is performed in an office setting with controlled temperatures. The physical requirements include:
* Frequent sitting
* Occasional standing
* Using fingers to write and enter data on a computer keyboard
* Using hands/arms to reach for and handle documents
* Infrequent lifting up to 25 pounds
* Occasional talking and listening
* Frequent focusing of eyes on typed and handwritten documents