MWH Constructors, a global leader in heavy civil construction of water and wastewater facilities, is currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of General Laborer (Construction), to support project work in Biddeford and/or Topsham, Maine.
Responsibilities for this role may include:
- Assist in building structures for construction sites.
- Operate equipment such as a backhoe and/or water truck.
- Participate in demolitions.
- Work underground in vaults and water mains.
- Remove trees and debris.
- Service machines, including pumps, compressors, generators, tractors, and trailers.
- Mix concrete.
- Pump concrete, grout, cement, sand or plaster.
- Assist construction managers.
- Dig trenches.
- Install sewer, water, and storm drainpipes.
- Pour concrete and asphalt onto roads.
- Operate laser guidance equipment to place pipes.
- Operate air, electric, and pneumatic drills.
- Remove hazardous materials.
- Operate pavement breakers; jackhammers; earth tampers; concrete; mortar, and plaster mixers.
- Storm water best management practices maintenance; silt fence repair/replacement, silt removal, ect.
- Control robotic pipe cutters and cleaners.
- Trash collection and disposal.
- Organize tool and equipment sheds.
- Prior construction related experience
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent. Documentation must be provided at time of application.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Required to communicate information, ideas, directions with the capability to perform the task or project discussed.
- Must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactory and with utmost regard for safety.
- If requested, the applicant shall furnish a written statement from a medical doctor that he/she has had a physical examination in connection with the application and is physically fit to perform the work.
- Pre-employment drug screening and background checks required.
- Health Insurance (medical, dental and vision)
- Paid Time Off (includes vacation and sick)
- 10 Paid Holidays
- 401(k) Plan (company matching contributions up to 4%)
- Employee Referral Program