To clean and perform routine maintenance of campus buildings, including residence halls, classrooms, and administrative offices. Positions are available on both the Biddeford and Portland campuses with varying shifts (1st, 2nd and 3rd).
- Clean floors. This includes vacuuming, sweeping, dust moping, washing.
- Wash windows, walls, chalkboards, trash cans.
- Dust furniture, fixtures, woodwork.
- Collect and empty trash receptacles and pick up litter in and around buildings.
- Remove biological waste.
- Clean, sanitize and stock bathrooms; change and clean shower curtains.
- Do routine maintenance of electrical, heating and ventilating vents and fixtures.
- Assist in snow removal on walks leading to and from buildings.
- Perform related duties as necessary.
- High school education desirable. General knowledge and skills related to routine housekeeping and maintenance work, with commercial/institutional cleaning experience desirable.
- Ability to perform tasks in specific sequences.
- Physical ability to do heavy custodial work and operate cleaning equipment.
- Ability to understand and follow written instructions, chemical labels and warnings.
- Ability to work cooperatively with other employees and to deal courteously with students, faculty and staff.
- Ability to be self-motivated and take initiative