Skowhegan Savings Bank seeks an individual to join our growing team as a Regional Branch Manager. This position is involved in the day to day operational effectiveness of branches in our Kennebec Region, including Augusta, Fairfield and Dexter.
The Regional Branch Manager will provide leadership, support and coaching to the Bank’s branches within an assigned region in the areas of operations, personnel and development. This position will carry out initiatives in the branches as directed by the VP, Retail Customer Relations. This position will work in collaboration with the Regional VP of Community Banking, Community Bankers and VP, Retail Customer Relations to assist in the development and implementation of strategies to meet sales, deposit and customer relationship growth in the region. The Regional Branch Manager will conduct regularly scheduled branch visits to ensure adherence to bank policies, consistency in sales and marketing efforts, consistency in the customer experience, successful implementation of new products and services, and to maintain a strong relationship with branch employees.
In addition to this regional leadership role, this position will also be responsible for the operation of a branch. The position summary for the Branch Manager role is as follows: This position is responsible for the efficient and effective operation of the branch; performing customer service duties; participating with the VP, Retail Customer Relations in establishing specific goals for the branch; ensuring compliance with all operating policies and procedures; directly supervising assigned personnel; communicating with appropriate personnel and providing periodic reports. The Branch Manager will originate and service consumer loan applications as necessary adhering to established loan policy.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plan, organize, direct and control the function of branches within the region to include the day-to-day operational effectiveness and quality service.
- Provides guidance and support to the branches regarding customer concerns and escalations, as well as human resource issues.
- Develops and coaches managers and branch staff for professional development and ensures development is on-going.
- Provides coaching of service skills and standards; conducts monthly Branch Leadership Team meetings.
- Maintains an extensive knowledge of Branch Operations, including platform and operations policy and procedures.
- Assists with the execution of and training for all service initiatives which will also include new Personal Banker training at a designated regional branch location.
- Ensures team members in branches are cross-trained and have developed core product and service competencies to provide optimum efficiency and exceptional customer service within each branch.
- Reinforces the bank’s mission and values and commitment to integrity service by servicing as a culture agent, motivating employees to achieve higher standards and promoting a commitment to excellence in service, sales, knowledge/training and technology driven products and processes.
Branch Manager Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides guidance and training to Branch Managers on resolving problems and exceptions.
- Provides professional, eager, courteous and efficient service to all customers.
- Promotes and executes a sales culture and builds relationships with new and existing customers by identifying their needs and determining the appropriate products or services.
- Provides effective human relations management, including recruiting, hiring, salary administration, performance evaluations, disciplinary action, coaching, etc.
- Provides leadership to a team of subordinates, including motivation and employee development.
- Provides guidance and training to new employees to ensure their training is adequate and complete.
- Schedules Personal Banker work hours and assigns specific job duties; monitors performance.
- Maintains cash drawer, processes customer transactions and opens accounts in a timely and accurate manner and in accordance with bank policies and procedures.
- Originates and services consumer loans within prescribed lending authority.
- Responsible for deposit and loan goals within a branch.
- Maintains currency and coin supplies as prescribed by bank policy and assists in managing the branch cash limits.
- Researches balancing discrepancies; assists Personal Bankers with balancing problems and ticket errors.
- Advises and assists Personal Bankers with more complex teller transactions and customer service problems including check cashing authorizations and exceptions.
- Investigate and handle customer complaints.
- Prepares Currency Transaction Reports and other reports required by law or regulation and ensures compliance with all regulatory requirements, bank policy and procedures.
- Maintains and ensures adherence to safety and security issues, policies and procedures.
- Insures that branch building and grounds are maintained properly.
- Attends various functions/networking opportunities to enhance the image and presence of the bank in the market as required.
- Assumes additional responsibilities as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience in Business, Banking, Sales or other related area and/or
- 4 – 6 years progressive branch operations or sales management experience in the banking or financial services industry.
- 3 – 5 years of management experience.
Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated knowledge of branch operations and sales and customer service.
- Knowledge of bank products and services.
- Strong supervisory and coaching skills.
- Strong and effective communication skills, both oral and written.
- Excellent relationship and customer service skills.
- Proven analytic and critical thinking skills.
- Demonstrated proven and effective management skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Proficient computer skills.
- Ability to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- General office environment
- Physical surroundings are generally pleasant and comfortable
- Moderate lifting (to 35 lbs.) required. Moderate reaching, walking, sitting and standing required.