Tyler Technologies is seeking a Senior Cloud Automation Engineer with hosting operations experience to join our team in the Yarmouth, ME or Plano, TX offices. The analyst will primarily work on projects involving designing/implementing new products and hosted solution environments in Public Cloud (AWS, Azure) cloud computing services. This position is ideal for a mid to high level candidate with current experience working in the Cloud to bring their experience and skills to the Tyler team!
- Work with hosting and divisional resources to develop and implement automation around cloud-based infrastructure as a service.
- Work with business partners to design and implement new product solutions and processes for use in the cloud.
- Maintain a written knowledgebase for the purposes of transferring knowledge to those who will be tasked with long term monitoring and maintenance of implemented clients/products/processes/solutions.
- Develop automation to perform installation, configuration and maintenance of Windows and LINUX Servers and Tyler developed applications in a virtualized (public/private cloud) infrastructure.
- Associates degree with a focus in computer science or related field, or comparable work experience
- 5+ years of system administration experience
- 4+ years of practical Public Cloud (AWS, Azure, Google) hosting and deployment experience
- 3+ years of practical infrastructure as code architecture, development, and automation
- Extensive experience with the following technologies preferred: IAM administration; EC2; S3; EBS; ELB; SES; Route 53; AWS regions and Multi-AZ Deployments; Systems Manager; Cloud Formation; Terraform; Puppet / Chef; Powershell; Shell Scripting, Perl, JSON
- Strong scripting skills for the purposes of system administration
- AWS Certification(s) a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication and customer service skills
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills
- The ability to independently troubleshoot and solve complex technical issues in a fast-paced environment.
- Tyler is subject to regulations, guidelines, and/or client requirements relating to the qualifications of Tyler personnel performing certain client work. Because of the nature of this position, it is a requirement that the candidate can successfully pass a federal background check at the time an offer is extended and over the course of employment with Tyler.