The position will entail general Medial Assistant duties as well as COVID related functions, including injections, documentation, vitals, registration, etc. Physical demands may require walking, lifting, and on your feet the majority of the day. While the position is primarily located in Bucksport, the candidate may need to work/travel to our Ellsworth location on occassion.
Our general duties and qualifications include:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist in the preparation of the medical office for the day; maintains safe, clean and organized working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Prepares treatment rooms for patient by adhering to prescribed procedures and protocols.
- Greets and escorts patient to treatment room, updates medical history, takes vitals and records information in preparation for exam.
- Assists provider with routine physicals, minor surgical procedures, and other services as needed; administers vaccines, draws blood, administers electrocardiographic tests, and performs urine dipstick and other laboratory tests as directed.
- Orders patient tests as needed; prepares and sends requested medical information as needed.
- Communicates with patients via telephone and other means to confirm appointments, provide information, etc.
- Provides patient ER callbacks with documentation with 72 hours.
- Assist provider with management of open claims and open encounters in preparation of the Business department end of month closing.
- Updates electronic medical records.
- Assist provider with documentation from patient screenings in the EMR to include functionality codes, CPT codes, and ICD conversions.
- Entry of Medicare AWV’s quality measures into the Patient Link 360 as required for ACO.
- Monitors patient flow and provider schedules to ensure positive patient experiences.
- Provides patient education as appropriate to the situation.
- Protects patients and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols.
- Cleans and sterilizes medical instruments according to infection control protocols and on a regular schedule.
- Ensures operation of medical equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs; maintaining equipment inventories; etc.
- Assists in the maintenance of medical supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies when approved; and verifying receipt of supplies.
QUALIFICATIONS NEEDED FOR POSITION:
Experience and Skill Requirements: The following experience and skills are considered essential:
- At least one year of experience as a Medical Assistant preferred.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with patients and other employees.
- Ability to communicate and present information.
- Ability to read, interpret, understand and apply clinical policies and procedures.
- Ability to identify problems and recommend solutions.
- Ability to establish priorities and coordinate work activities.
Education Requirements: The following education requirements are considered essential:
- High School Diploma or the equivalent is required.
- Recognized certificate from accredited education institution for Medical Assistant or Certified Nurses Aid, or the equivalent in education and work experience, required.
* Earned Time Off
* employee discount for services