Maine Medical Partners has an exciting opportunity for a sonographer to support the out-patient clinic of a small but busy congenital heart disease program with a patient population ranging from neonates to adults with a wide variety of medical complexity.
This is a 40 hour a week position with schedule flexibility. No weekends!
- Position Summary
- Responsible for using diagnostic medical equipment to assist with the diagnosis of various cardiac conditions while maintaining the highest standards of patient care and proficiency with appropriate clinical protocols.
- The ideal candidate will have proficiency in all modalities of Pediatric Echocardiography including 2-D, m-mode, CW/PW Doppler, tissue Doppler and have working knowledge of pediatric heart disease and surgical repair and will be expected to obtain ARDMS registration in Pediatric Echocardiography within a year of hire date.
- Additional registration in Fetal Echocardiography is preferred, but not required.
- Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
- Education: Graduate of an approved school of sonography.
- License/Certifications: Current BLS required or must be obtained within 3 months from start of employment.
- Experience: Minimum two years' medical practice or hospital ultrasound/sonography experience.
- Registration in Cardiac Sonographers through the American Registry of Diagnostic and Medical Sonographers (ARDMS).
- Knowledge of healthcare field and medical office protocols/procedures.
- Knowledge of crash cart emergency procedures and contents and proper response to emergency situations.
- Knowledge of safety, infection control and quality assurance protocols.
- Ability to support the technical director of the echo lab per ICAEL guidelines.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills necessary for interacting with patients, physicians, supervisors and other staff.
- Ability to project a pleasant and professional image even under stressful situations.
- Ability to demonstrate compassion and caring in dealing with others.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Proficient computer skills.