Northern Light Inland Hospital
Department: OB-GYN Clinic
Position is located: Inland Hospital
Work Type: Full Time
Work Schedule: 7:30 AM to 4:00 PM
Responsible for an emphasis of a team based approach to patient care. Promote training of team members to perform at the highest level of certification allowable by state and federal regulations.
1. Assists in the examination of a patient with a licensed provider.
2. Responsible for drawing/processing blood, collecting urine specimens, urine pregnancy tests, rapid strep tests, EKG’s, A1C, INR specimens and CLIA waived testing with proper identification and documentation.
3. Administer immunizations/injections, minor office procedures, EKG’s per provider orders.
4. Evaluates and documents patient vital signs.
5. Prepares and records patient information including prescriptions following JPP.
6. Refills prescriptions when requested by the provider.
7. Scribing with the provider.
8. Maintains charts including the daily filing/scanning of medical correspondence in EMR or paper chart.
9. Responsible for daily, weekly and monthly inspections to include refrigerator/freezer logs, EKG, oxygen tanks, AED, Nebulizer, medication logs.
10. Observes universal precautions while performing phlebotomy and handles all specimens as being able to transmit disease.
11. Responsible for properly cleaning and preparingackaging instruments to be sent for sterilization.
12. Explains to the best of ability the procedure and purpose of laboratory test(s).
13. Responsible for urine drug screen/medication agreement/pill counts with applicable patients including proper documentation and PMP review.
14. Stocks/orders medical supplies as well as laundry.
15. Responsible for managing and maintaining State Immunization Portal.
16. Works with the rest of the practice team on quality data through Meridios reports and Health InfoNet.
17. Responsible for obtaining prior authorizations for patient medicationscare.
18. Observes patient confidentiality with patients and fellow employees.
19. Seeks assistance, guidance and direction when unsure of procedures and protocols in performance of duties.
20. Maintains and updates medical records to include flow sheeting of directives and clinical observation terms.
21. Assist provider as directed in splintting, casting and wound care.
22. Adheres to Joint Practice Protocols.
23. Complies with Inland Hospital Hand Hygiene Standards.
24. Adheres to the Inland Hospital Standards of Behavior.
25. Perform all other duties as assigned.
Certified Medical Assistant Certification Required.
Competencies and skills:
* Demonstrates Adaptability: Learns quickly when facing a new problem or unfamiliar task; is flexible in their approach with changing priorities and ambiguity. Manages change effectively and does not give up during adversity. Capable of changing one's behavioral style and/or views in order to attain a goal. Absorbs new information readily and puts it into practice effectively.
* Demonstrates Emotional Intelligence: Exhibits a high level of self-awareness, self-management, other awareness and relationship management. Conducts themselves in an empathic, appropriate way, with a sense of humor and stimulates a collaborative work environment. Is respectful of the attitudes, feelings, or circumstances of others and aware of the influence of their own behavior on them. Is aware of relevant social, political, system, and professional trends and developments and uses this information for the organization's benefit.
* Effectively Communicates: Listens, speaks and writes appropriately, using clear language. Communication methods are fitting to the message(s), audience, and situation and follow-ups are regular and timely. Shows that important (non-) verbal information is absorbed and understood and asks further questions to clarify when necessary. Expresses ideas and views clearly to others and has ability to adjust use of language to the audiences' level.
* Exercises Sound Judgment & Decision Making: Understands and processes complex information, which allows for appropriate and accountable conclusions. Does not react too quickly or slowly. Balances facts, goals, and potential approaches taking the appropriate criteria into account. Makes active decisions and commits oneself by communicating confidently and respectfully.
* No previous experience required.
* Provides Patient-Centered Care: Demonstrates understanding of patient care quality and service as organizational priority. Proactively supports change to improve patient experience and results. Exhibits the ability and willingness to find out what the patient wants and needs and to act accordingly, taking the organizational and outside resources into account. Cooperates, collaborates, communicates, and integrates care within and between teams to ensure that care is continuous and reliable.
* Seeks Process Improvement & Applies System Thinking: Possesses and gains insight into situations, problems and processes. Understands the interconnection between organizational elements. Deconstructs problems and systematically investigates the various components. Considers the impact of actions on the entire process/system. Detects problems and opportunities, recognizes important information, and links various data to trace potential causes and relevant details.
Certified Medical Assistant Certification Required.
* High School Diploma/General Educational Development (GED)
* Potential exposure to hazardous materials.
* Extend body and limbs to reach items.
* Continuous sitting.
* Continuous standing.
* Continuous walking.
Equal Opportunity Employment
We are an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, disability status, gender, sexual orientation, ancestry, protected veteran status, national origin, genetic information or any other legally protected status