MEMIC’s Summer Internship Program identifies college students who want real-world experience that will allow them to gain valuable knowledge and skills within his or her field of study. This opportunity can either be a paid internship or can be credited towards the student’s degree. The program will last 11 weeks and begin on June 3rd and end on August 16th. This opportunity will be 37.5 hours per week.
Loss Control is seeking an intern to provide support to the Safety Management Consultants and Loss Control Analysts. MEMIC’s Safety Management consultants and Analysts work in a fast-paced work environment where priorities often change, based on the needs of our business partners. The intern selected will enhance their skills in writing, scheduling, research, general safety and improve their overall knowledge about the operations of a Worker’s Compensation insurance provider.
- Creates and/or updates existing PowerPoint safety presentations in collaboration with the Safety Management Consultants and Loss Control Analysts.
- Researches safety-related questions from Customers as well as Safety Management Consultants; examples include (but are not limited to): “Are individual procedures required to be written for all Permit-Required Confined Spaces?” or “My employees wear dust masks while at work, is a medical clearance required?”
- Uses Excel to create charts and graphs that graphically depict injury results for a Policyholder or within an industry segment.
- Must be pursuing a Bachelor’s degree.
- Must have a minimum GPA of 3.0.
- Coursework in ergonomics a plus.
- Must have excellent Microsoft Office computer skills.
- Must have a strong attention to detail.
- Willing to learn new technology.