North Yarmouth Academy Accounting Assistant, Part Time
North Yarmouth Academy (NYA) is seeking a part time Accounting Assistant to join our business office team. The successful candidate will have experience with accounting, spreadsheets, and an excellent attention to detail. This is a 10-12 hour per week position that reports to the NYA Controller.
Key responsibilities include:
• Collect, calculate, and enter payroll and benefits information
• Calculate and enter timecards and run payroll checks and reports
• Maintain payroll files
• Assist in maintaining W2 and 1095 information
• Balance bank statements
• Record, enter, and verify student enrollment agreement information
• Maintain vendor files and review information for IRS compliance
• Prepare 1099 information
• Assist in covering A/R and A/P during employee absences
• Other duties as assigned by Controller or CFO
• Strong attention to detail
• Strong organizational skills
• Knowledge of Excel spreadsheets
• Ability to maintain confidentiality while working with sensitive materials
North Yarmouth Academy is an independent, college preparatory, coeducational school for 375 students: toddlers to grade twelve located in Yarmouth, Maine. Yarmouth is situated on the beautiful Maine coast, 10 miles from Portland, ME and less than two hours from Boston, MA. Since 1814, NYA has fostered integrity, character, and intellect in its students.
For more information visit the website at www.nya.org.
This position is not eligible for benefits.
Interested candidates should send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject line “Accounting Assistant”.
No phone calls, please