GSO Project Management Leader
WEX Inc. is a leading and growing global provider of payment processing, information management and fleet card payment solutions. We hire people who share our passion for continuous innovation and client service that is unparalleled in the industry. If you are looking for a growing career – come be part of WEX today and join a company that our employees have certified us a Great Place To Work!
Job Summary:As the Director of Project Management, your primary responsibility is to oversee and lead the project management team in planning, executing, and delivering projects successfully. You will be responsible for defining project scopes, budgets, and timelines, as well as allocating resources and managing risks. Additionally, you'll collaborate with various stakeholders, ensuring effective communication and alignment throughout the project lifecycle. Your role also involves identifying and implementing best practices, optimizing project management processes, and fostering a culture of continuous improvement within the team. Ultimately, your goal is to ensure the organization achieves its strategic objectives through efficient and effective project delivery.
The ideal candidate will have the opportunity for:
Leading cross-functional, multi-project team resources to ensure successful implementation of the largest, most complex, multi-departmental projects across the organization. This includes managing all activities related to project scope, cost/budget, quality, communications, resources and risk mitigation. The Senior Project Manager plans, schedules and controls all project activities towards these objectives, while building positive, professional relationships with all WEX team members.
Essential Job Functions
- Manage a variety company wide projects that span one or multiple lines of business.
- Identify opportunities and recommend solutions for improving process and system efficiency and effectiveness.
- Develop project scope, plan, and schedule for each phase of the project.
- Assist in identifying project prioritization, requirements, sponsor, stakeholders, deliverables, risk and budget.
- Provide leadership on each project by building and motivating team members to meet project goals, while adhering to their responsibilities and project milestones.
- Full project life cycle ownership: successful project delivery will include full implementation from initiation to deployment to post-mortem analysis.
- Manage all aspects of multiple projects to ensure the overall program is aligned to and directly supports the achievement of strategic objectives.
- Provide status reporting regarding project milestones, deliverables dependencies, risks and issues to stakeholders and Executive Leadership Team (ELT) on a regular basis.
- Work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment demonstrating teamwork, innovation and excellence.
- Establish practices, templates, policies, tools and partnerships to expand and mature these capabilities for the organization.
- Prepare estimates and detailed project plans for all phases of the project.
- Understand inter-dependencies between technology, operations and business needs.
- Demonstrate a functional acumen to support how solutions will address company goals while maintaining alignment with industry best practices.
- Manage project scope and changes.
- Balance competing project constraints and maintain proactive communication with stakeholders to deliver a successful project.
- Respond timely and professionally to project stakeholder support requests.
- Manage projects that are a result of both organic and non-organic growth.
- Travel to project site locations as needed to ensure project success.
- Projects may be business and/or technical in nature.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Strong leadership, diplomatic and motivational skills including the ability to lead up, across and within multiple business and technology organizations.
- Proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment demonstrating teamwork, innovation and excellence.
- Build and maintain relationships by engaging business leaders to establish credibility, solve problems, build consensus and achieve objectives.
- Excellent leadership, communication (written, verbal and presentation) and interpersonal skills.
- Self-motivated, decisive, with the ability to adapt to change and competing demands.
- Tools: Google Suite, Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
- Strong leadership, interpersonal, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Comfortable with ambiguity with ability to drive towards clarity for positive impact.
- Experience leading, motivating and managing various project and program team sizes, including internal and external resources, while holding teams accountable for performance.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced, dynamic, high-tech environment.
- Strong experience presenting to executive sponsors and demonstrated communication skills; both written and oral with technical and non-technical staff, all levels of management.
- Must be able to learn, understand and apply new technologies.
- Support a diverse and inclusive work environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree in appropriate field of study or equivalent work experience preferred.
- PMP Certification is preferred. Experience working in an Agile environment is a plus.
- 8-10 years of experience working with business stakeholders within a cross-functional environment.
- 8+ years of project management experience, including tracking and planning projects.
- 5+ years of experience with full product life-cycle.
- Proven ability to demonstrate a drive for results and accountability of business needs.
- Interpersonal skills to influence and spur change, facilitate and enhance performance within a cross-functional environment.
- Demonstrate decisiveness in resolving business problems, making decisions and identifying priorities.