As a Service Technician Instructor/Field Service Training Specialist this position is based commutable to Sanford, ME with the ideal candidate having flexibility to travel. A significant amount of time is spent providing instruction at Dead River Institute in Sanford.
The Service Technician Instructor/Field Service Training Specialist is part of a team responsible for providing a consistent training experience for all new hires and existing employees to effectively perform their job functions. This position is responsible for the design and facilitation of training and coaching that reflects and supports Dead River Company standards and vision. Additional trainings will be deployed via classroom, small group, eLearning, WebEx or other type of training experience to ensure a consistent experience for all. The Service Technician Instructor/Field Service Training Specialist will partner and collaborate with internal partners to assist and support with companywide training needs and requirements as well as safety and compliance requirements.
1. Delivers consistent training for all employees at Dead River Company.
2. Provides hands on, technical training on live fired equipment at Dead River Institute (DRI) for Apprentices, Technicians and Delivery Drivers.
3. Maintains the DRI facility and equipment and keeps all associated training up to date based on manufacture requirements and code requirements.
4. Facilitates classroom, small group, and on-the-job training for new hires and existing employees on DRC standard practice policies, procedures and technology.
5. Partners with the Regional Director’s as a core or extended team member on projects that may involve process improvement or the implementation of new technology.
6. Responsible for the identification, design, and deployment of training plans (including post-implementation training for process stabilization).
7. Conducts comprehensive training needs assessments in conjunction with Training Manager and internal partners (business applications analyst, business optimization specialists, sales, marketing, operations leadership, etc.).
8. Based on assessment provide feedback, propose targeted solutions, create training plans and a timeline to accomplish proposed solutions, and manage the execution of the plan through completion.
9. Work with new and existing employees on identified performance issues and retraining as requested by operations leadership.
10. Assists with onboarding of new hires to accelerate assimilation into DRC culture, understanding of business processes, and foster engagement.
11. Design and update training and resource materials to reflect and support DRC standard practice.
12. Keeps abreast of industry standards and trends, product technology, business processes, and how best to implement training to ensure employees have the knowledge and resources to perform their job functions.
Performs other duties as assigned.
• A minimum of 5 years experience in area of expertise in Service is required.
• Prior experience with training
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
Other Attributes Required:
• Exceptional communication skills both verbal and written
• Strong presentation skills
• Ability to foster collaborative, effective relationships with all functional areas
• Ability to create momentum for organizational change
• Alignment with DRC core values
• Ability to work effectively as a team member
• Ability to meet multiple deadlines and business objectives
• Accuracy, organization, and attention to detail
• Courteous demeanor and professional appearance
Certification and Testing:
Master OB and/or Master LP license and other applicable, license or certification in area of expertise.
There is frequent interaction with managers and employees at various levels throughout the company and occasional interaction with vendors.
This position makes decisions regarding the design and delivery of program content.
Safety considerations relate to proper ergonomics in an office setting including appropriate work station and computer terminal setup. Safe and appropriate use of electronic equipment is expected.
Office equipment such as personal computers, telephones, calculators and audio visual equipment.
Approximately 20 percent of the Instructor's time is spent in an office setting performing administrative duties; 80 percent is spent in the field and/or conducting training. This position may require travel to all Dead River Company locations throughout Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, and Massachusetts.
Physical Requirements Analysis:
• The position requires frequent sitting, standing, walking, and driving
• The position requires some manual labor
• There is frequent use of the fingers to write, type, and handle paperwork
• There is frequent communication involving listening, speaking, and presenting
Weight or Force Moved:
There is occasional need to life or move heavy objects weighing more than 20 pounds. Assistance is available for lifting heavier items.