Responsible for direction and management of all Joint Use
Administration Duties including pole attachments and licensing, joint ownership
process, rates, contracts, surveys, compliance, and regulatory matters.
MAJOR ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (Scope of work - range of responsibilities):
Joint Use Administration- Pole Attachments and Joint Ownership
1. Manages the Joint Use Administration process, most specifically,
Pole Attachments, Joint Ownership including pole attachments, rates, forecasts, compliance, and regulatory matters.
2. Develop and maintain contractual relationships with Joint Use
Partners from telephone cable, municipal/non-profit and competitive local exchange companies.
3. Negotiate new/existing joint use agreements as required to meet changing business requirements and operating practices related to the cost sharing of poles, trench, duct and tree trimming and incorporate into the joint pole and underground agreements.
4. Participates/assists in proceedings and working groups; investigates PUC complaints/inquiries and provide resolutions and supporting documentation as needed.
5. Monitors FCC, PUC and other regulatory rulings, assess impacts and provide methodologies for compliance.
6. Oversee pole attachment surveys with Joint Use team and work with proper departments to assure records are updated and billing occurs timely.
7. Evaluates reporting, establishes metrics and provides direction to Joint Use team on Business Priorities.
8. Collaborates with engineering and operating personnel to initiate and maintain procedures and standards affecting the joint use of poles, trench, duct and tree trimming.
9. Interpret provisions of the joint pole and underground agreements and provide guidance to OPCO personnel.
10. Updates and implements Telco reciprocal pole prices, pole/trench rental rates annually.
11. Prepare required PUC filing(s) for updating CATV, ILEC and CLEC rental rates for poles and / or duct.
12. Evaluate and Monitor all Joint Use policy and Procedures especially make-ready and licensing activity for compliance with PUC directives.
13. Define and evaluate procedures and rates for other attachment agreements (i.e. wifi, cameras, banners, radio and cell antennas).
Skills and Requirements
5+ years Supervisory/Management experience preferred.
-Thorough knowledge of customer billing systems.
-Thorough knowledge of customer accounting processes.
-Experience with SAP software including back office, material processing and work management modules.
-Experience with computers (Work Management Systems, MS Office suite, Visio, etc.).
Required Education: Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field.
-Thorough knowledge of regulatory requirements specific to Joint Use of Plant.
-Creative problem-solving skills.
-Strong interpersonal, communication, organization and follow-through skills.
-Strong Project Management Skills
-Ability to multitask and set priorities.
-Acts as mediator/negotiator with all perspective business partners. Customer focused.
-Ability to administer to budgets, staffing needs, performance management goals and objectives.
-Ability to interact at senior/middle management level.
-Excellent leadership and motivational skills.
-Demonstrated understanding of utility infrastructure and concepts.
-Demonstrated ability to coordinate with Utility professionals across the company to meet billing and recovery needs.
-Demonstrated ability to appropriately represent the businesses legal, contractual, audit, compliance and regulatory interests as it relates to the specific business functions.
- Be a role model
- Be agile
- Collaborate and Share
- Develop Self & Others
- Empower to grow
- Focus to achieve results
- Technical Skills
Please note that any applicant who is not a citizen of the country of the vacancy will be subject to compliance with the applicable immigration requirements to legally work in that country
Avangrid employees may be assigned a system emergency role and in the event of a system emergency, may be required to work outside of their regular schedule/job duties. This is applicable to employees that will work in Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, and New York within AVANGRD Network and Corporate functions. This does not include those that will work for Avangrid Renewables