For over 100 years, Prudential’s diverse and talented employees have been committed to helping customers and their families grow and protect their wealth through a variety of products and services, including Group Insurance. We are known for delivering on our promises and are recognized as a trusted brand and one of the world’s most admired companies.
Prudential Group Insurance helps people prepare for unplanned financial risks through benefit experiences that help create and protect financial wellness. We provide employer-paid and employee-paid solutions that can help protect employees and improve workplace productivity.
The Underwriting Operational Effectiveness team partners closely with Underwriters, Actuaries and Technology partners to implement the Group Insurance pricing strategy into the underwriting rating platform. This role will be part of a team that works collaboratively driving an efficient and effective underwriting process.
The Manager, Process Effectiveness is accountable for design, development and execution of the Underwriting organization's process and technology capabilities across all products and segments. This role will provide hands-on design and configuration of Prudential Group Insurance’s Pricing & Risk Selection capabilities. This role will also be accountable for translation and configuration of pricing methodology and rules in the new underwriting rating platform. There is extensive interaction with Actuary, Underwriting, and IT in order to facilitate implementation, ongoing maintenance, and pricing improvements within the new rating platform. This is a technical business role that requires a deep Group Insurance Actuarial and Underwriting knowledge base. Periodic travel between Roseland NJ and Dresher PA offices is required.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Deliver Underwriting tool support for capabilities outlined in roadmap
- Drive optimization of pricing accuracy through leveraging of technology and industry best practices
- Translate and configure pricing methodologies for all products in new rating environment
- Configure data validation, controls, and workflow rules within new rating environment
- Configure detailed exhibits in support of all functional areas (Underwriting, Sales, etc.)
- Nurture an environment of high performance, empowerment, accountability, and alignment
What you’ll need to succeed:
- 5+ years of related work experience
- Bachelors degree
- Solid understanding of product pricing or underwriting function
- Prior experience with quoting system and tools
- Leadership, vision and decision-making ability
- Strong organizational and communication skill
It’d be a plus if you have:
- Prior experience with hands-on coding of pricing algorithms within underwriting rating tool in Group Insurance environment (Life, Disability, Critical Illness and Accident)
Prudential is a multinational financial services leader with operations in the United States, Asia, Europe, and Latin America. Leveraging its heritage of life insurance and asset management expertise, Prudential is focused on helping individual and institutional customers grow and protect their wealth. The company's well-known Rock symbol is an icon of strength, stability, expertise and innovation that has stood the test of time. Prudential's businesses offer a variety of products and services, including life insurance, annuities, retirement-related services, mutual funds, asset management, and real estate services.
We recognize that our strength and success are directly linked to the quality and skills of our diverse associates. We are proud to be a place where talented people who want to make a difference can grow as professionals, leaders, and as individuals. Visit www.prudential.com to learn more about our values, our history and our brand.
Prudential is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Note that this posting is intended for individual applicants. Search firms or agencies should email Staffing at email@example.com for more information about doing business with Prudential.
Job Function Operations
Primary Location United States-Pennsylvania-Dresher
Other Locations United States-Arizona-Scottsdale, United States-New Jersey-Roseland, United States-Maine-Portland (ME), United States-Connecticut-Hartford
Travel Yes, 10 % of the Time