Job Posting End Date: September 29
When you join the team at Unum, you become part of an organization committed to helping you thrive.
Here, we work to provide the employee benefits and service solutions that enable employees at our client companies to thrive throughout life’s moments. And this starts with ensuring that every one of our team members enjoys opportunities to succeed both professionally and personally. To enable this, we provide:
- Award-winning culture
- Inclusion and diversity as a priority
- Performance Based Incentive Plans
- Competitive benefits package that includes: Health, Vision, Dental, Short & Long-Term Disability
- Generous PTO (including paid time to volunteer!)
- Up to 9.5% 401(k) employer contribution
- Mental health support
- Career advancement opportunities
- Student loan repayment options
- Tuition reimbursement
- Flexible work environments
*All the benefits listed above are subject to the terms of their individual Plans.
And that’s just the beginning…
With 10,000 employees helping more than 39 million people worldwide, every role at Unum is meaningful and impacts the lives of our customers. Whether you’re directly supporting a growing family, or developing online tools to help navigate a difficult loss, customers are counting on the combined talents of our entire team. Help us help others, and join Team Unum today!
General Summary:The Sourcing Specialist is part of Unum’s global supply management organization and manages and executes projects of small to medium complexity, provides support to larger strategic sourcing projects and utilizes project management skills to drive results and manage deadlines. This work includes, sourcing for specific project needs, contract negotiation and coordination and cost and value analysis. The position will maximize Unum’s purchasing power and reduce total costs by driving customized category, supplier and sourcing strategies.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Work closely with business owners, and subject matter experts throughout the organization to ensure that new requirements are sourced in a timely manner
- Execute sourcing strategies specific to defined category in order to reduce cost and mitigate risk
- Conduct RFX events, prepare bid analysis, present sourcing recommendations
- Ensure proper control and consistent application of best practices across the enterprise.
- Ensure that the decision-making process is supported by technical and functional knowledge of the category and leading-edge analytical methods which encompass people, systems and financial measures.
- Collaborate with legal to ensure contracts follow the contract review and approval process per company policy.
- Analyze supplier contracts and recommend appropriate changes
- Manage and improve supplier diversity within our supply base and support local economic development programs
- Perform prospective supplier assessments including financial stability and customer reference checks
- Execute easily repeatable non-risk sourcing events not requiring Legal review (e.g. extensions, renewals, amendments)
- Performs prospective assessment and onboard of newly selected suppliers (according to established policy & procedures)
- 3 or more years of procurement, sourcing or supply chain experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree in business supply chain management preferred.
- Strong negotiation, contracting, communication (verbal & written), influence and leadership skills.
- Proven skills to develop and implement sourcing and negotiation strategies.
- Ability to think strategically
- Ability to perform financial analysis
- Project Management experience considered a plus
- Advanced PC skills required (Excel, Power Point, Word, etc.)
Unum and Colonial Life are part of Unum Group, a Fortune 500 company and leading provider of employee benefits to companies worldwide. Headquartered in Chattanooga, TN, with international offices in Ireland, Poland and the UK, Unum also has significant operations in Portland, ME, and Baton Rouge, LA - plus over 35 US field offices. Colonial Life is headquartered in Columbia, SC, with over 40 field offices nationwide.
The base salary range for applicants for this position is listed below. Unless actual salary is indicated above in the job description, actual pay will be based on skill, geographical location and experience.$53,300.00-$95,900.00
Additionally, Unum offers a portfolio of benefits and rewards that are competitive and comprehensive including healthcare benefits (health, vision, dental), insurance benefits (short & long-term disability), performance-based incentive plans, paid time off, and a 401(k) retirement plan with an employer match up to 5% and an additional 4.5% contribution whether you contribute to the plan or not. All benefits are subject to the terms and conditions of individual Plans.