About the Opportunity
Under the supervision and guidance of the Director of Roux Enrollment Management, the Assistant Director for Enrollment Operations will support the Roux Institute Enrollment Management departments, including enrollment, recruitment, and leadership, through initiatives that increase efficiency, drive data-based decision-making, and inform strategic and tactical decisions.
The Assistant Director will provide timely data analytics that inform and guide strategic decision-making across the enrollment lifecycle from recruitment through enrollment, particularly in support of recruitment, enrollment management, and top-of-funnel initiatives. Such analysis contributes to student recruitment strategy, predictive yield modeling, enrollment forecasting, and sales coaching.
The Assistant Director will be involved in process optimization and implementation work, and internal communication with various Northeastern partners outside of the Roux Institute. He/she will work hand-in-hand with Rout Institute recruitment and enrollment team leaders to bolster team efficacy and visibility and may be asked to work with various functions outside of Enrollment Management including marketing, partnerships, finance, and leadership to provide enrollment-related data, processes, and perspectives that aid in organizational-wide decision-making.
A successful candidate will be a team player with operational experience supporting a growing team, demonstrated ability in Microsoft Excel, Google Sheets, Salesforce, Qualtrics, and Slate, a strong work ethic, and the ability to successfully work independently with strong prioritization and time management skills.
- Minimum of Bachelor's Degree is required.
- Two to four years of experience in operations (ideally sales operations or enrollment operations), student enrollment, non-traditional college admissions and/or sales.
- Experience working in fast-paced, non-traditional enrollment is preferred.
- Proven track record of strategic planning, operational, and systems management.
- Proficiency with Microsoft products such as Outlook, PowerPoint, Word, Excel, SharePoint, and Teams, as well as the ability to quickly learn new software and web-based programs.
- Experience analyzing and summarizing large sets of data to drive strategy for a fast-paced sales or enrollment team is required.
- Previous CRM experience, preferably Salesforce and Slate, is required
- Proven ability to work independently, excellent communication and presentation skills, sensitive and responsive to the needs of diverse constituencies, and managing goals.
Northeastern University considers factors such as candidate work experience, education and skills when extending an offer.
Northeastern has a comprehensive benefits package for benefit eligible employees. This includes medical, vision, dental, paid time off, tuition assistance, wellness & life, retirement- as well as commuting & transportation. Visit https://hr.northeastern.edu/benefits/ for more information.
Northeastern University is an equal opportunity employer, seeking to recruit and support a broadly diverse community of faculty and staff. Northeastern values and celebrates diversity in all its forms and strives to foster an inclusive culture built on respect that affirms inter-group relations and builds cohesion.
All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
To learn more about Northeastern University’s commitment and support of diversity and inclusion, please see www.northeastern.edu/diversity.