Northern Light Health
Department: Patient Access Management
Position is located: Godfrey Drive Office
Work Type: Full Time
FTE: 1.000000: (40 hours per week)
Work Schedule: 7:30 AM to 4:00 PM
This position works with patients to resolve applicable financial concerns including providing counseling on available financial assistance or healthcare coverage options, assessing payment sources, developing payment plans, and collecting patient payments.
- Screens appropriate patients for possible healthcare coverage or financial assistance opportunities to determine eligibility, coverage levels, and billing requirements.
- 2.Counsels patients as to financial responsibility while assessing suitability for inhouse programs of Free Care, Discounted Care and Payment Plans. Ensures all accounts are screened for linkage opportunities and appropriate actions are completed.
- Performs a daily check of all qualifying inpatients and assesses/offers financial assistance prior to discharge.
- Functions as the liaison with various departments for determining financial options and financial counseling for scheduled procedures and price-shopping.
- Records and prepares statistics for outreach of financial assistance programs offered.
- Maximizes revenue collections
- Minimizes accounts receivable losses (bad debt) by use of workflows, technology, and tools provided
- Maintains a safe environment complying with NLH policies and procedures; reports and directly addresses environmental hazards and violations of patient safety policy and/or protocol when involved or observed.
- May perform other duties upon request.
Competencies and skills:
* Achieves Results: Sets high standards for their own outcomes and seizes opportunities to engage others towards objectives. Consistently moves forward with direct actions in order to attain or exceed objectives. Manages their own time effectively to accomplish assigned tasks. Successfully prioritizes multiple projects and duties as needed.
* Behaves with Integrity and Builds Trust: Acts consistently in line with the core values, commitments and rules of conduct. Leads by example and tells the truth. Does what they say they will, when and how they say they will, or communicates an alternate plan.
* Effectively Communicates: Listens, speaks and writes appropriately, using clear language. Communication methods are fitting to the message(s), audience, and situation and follow-ups are regular and timely. Shows that important (non-) verbal information is absorbed and understood and asks further questions to clarify when necessary. Expresses ideas and views clearly to others and has ability to adjust use of language to the audiences' level.
* Fosters Accountability: Creates and participates in a work environment where people hold themselves and others accountable for processes, results and behaviors. Takes appropriate ownership not only of successes but also mistakes and works to correct them in a timely manner. Demonstrates understanding that we all work as a team and the quality and timeliness of work impacts everyone involved.
* No previous experience required.
* Promotes Health and Safety: Promotes a healthy and safe environment for patients, employees and visitors. Advocates and models healthy physical and mental health behaviors even in challenging circumstances. Sets high quality standards and strives for continuous improvement and quality assurance by reporting and encouraging others to report near misses and safety issues.
* High School Diploma/General Educational Development (GED)
* Potential exposure to abusive and/or aggressive people.
* Potential exposure to noise levels being uncomfortable.
* Potential exposure to noxious odors.
* Potential exposure to very hot or cold temperatures.
* Work with computers, typing, reading or writing.
* Lifting, moving and loading 20 to 30 pounds.
* Continuous sitting.
Equal Opportunity Employment
We are an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, disability status, gender, sexual orientation, ancestry, protected veteran status, national origin, genetic information or any other legally protected status