About the Opportunity
Northeastern University’s Roux Institute is designed as an engine of innovation, talent-building, and economic growth for Portland, Maine, and northern New England. Partnerships set our model of graduate education and research apart. With leading companies and nonprofit organizations at the table from day one, we are creating programs that are preparing the workforce to stay agile and thrive in a competitive landscape powered by artificial intelligence. We are nurturing an environment for high-impact research and innovation in computer and data science, digital engineering, the advanced life sciences and medicine, and other tech fields. And we are helping entrepreneurs launch businesses focused on and powered by technology. Together, we envision an “innovation corridor” that in the coming years will stretch from Boston to Portland and beyond.
Campus and Community Experience – Provides a welcoming and informative experience for all team members, learners, and community members visiting the campus by leading people through the check-in process and connecting them to necessary resources as they enter the campus. Coordinates the entry area experience. Answers the phone, oversees the inbox, and sends/receives mail while escalating questions to the appropriate team members. Maintains a high standard of aesthetic organization of campus fixtures, furniture, and equipment. Addresses day-to-day troubleshooting questions brought up by campus users.
Conducts internet research for data collection, researching travel options, and working with various university resources to ensure technical support for office equipment during regular business hours and evening classes. Assists with staffing meetings and classes to ensure proper setup and arrangements. Assists with ordering, picking up, and setting up events.
Tends to the basic cleaning and tidying of the kitchen area during the day.
Operation Support – In coordination with the Director of Operations, facilitates campus operation projects by providing status updates and communicating with vendors. Receives campus operation feedback and field questions and concerns to the Director of Operations in a detailed manner.
Enrollment Support – In coordination with the Enrollment Team, assists with initial outreach to prospective students. Collects notes and schedule meetings with students and enrollment coaches. Supports ad hoc projects and deadlines.
- Demonstrate a customer-first, can-do, anything-is-possible attitude. The successful candidate is often the first face of the Roux Institute and therefore must demonstrate our values of a welcoming, inclusion, and dynamism to our community members.
- Demonstrate maturity, diplomacy, common sense, close attention to detail, professionalism and a team-oriented approach and be able to handle sensitive and confidential information.
- Effectively troubleshoot and resolve office technology issues and has the ability to organize, manage, and conceptualize projects.
- Excellent writing and analytical skills as well as strong interpersonal and communications skills are a must.
- Excellent computer skills coupled with the ability to conduct internet research on a variety of topics, effectively utilizing Microsoft Office applications such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint, Access as well as the Adobe Suite including InDesign.
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
Northeastern University considers factors such as candidate work experience, education and skills when extending an offer.
Northeastern has a comprehensive benefits package for benefit eligible employees. This includes medical, vision, dental, paid time off, tuition assistance, wellness & life, retirement- as well as commuting & transportation. Visit https://hr.northeastern.edu/benefits/ for more information.
Northeastern University is an equal opportunity employer, seeking to recruit and support a broadly diverse community of faculty and staff. Northeastern values and celebrates diversity in all its forms and strives to foster an inclusive culture built on respect that affirms inter-group relations and builds cohesion.
All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
To learn more about Northeastern University’s commitment and support of diversity and inclusion, please see www.northeastern.edu/diversity.