The Manager, Practice Operations works collaboratively with all members of the care team providing world class service to both the patients and staff of Martin’s Point. The Manager, Practice Operations oversees the overall day to day operations of the Health Centers including both front office (Admin, check in/out, referrals) and back office (Clinical Support) functions to ensure exemplary customer service to our patients and timely response to our provider staff. The role is responsible for managing the schedule and performance of staff. This role also works to ensure metrics are achieved.
This position collaborates and partners regularly with the Director Practice Operations, Practice Medical Director and other Medical Leadership to ensure that site operations support high quality delivery of patient care. In partnership with Director Practice Operations this position is responsible for implementation, monitoring and integration of management systems and programs throughout the site. Provides consultative service/support to Medical Directors and clinical support staff. Works with functional directors of other departments (that may have a presence in the health center) to ensure that site needs are supported. Examples include (but are not limited to) Radiology, Labs, specialties, etc. Ensures site needs are supported.
- Has management responsibility for all site-based operational staff (excluding Providers).
- Directs all aspects of site operations. In collaboration with Director Practice Operations supports development of staffing plans and hiring of all non-provider staff. Collaborates with Director Practice Operations, medical leadership and specialty directors on; establishment of annual site goals, metrics, and performance management systems; development of site management teams; establishment and monitoring of customer service goals and performance; measurement and improvement of provider patient and staff satisfaction; and daily problem solving. Continuously strives to create a “patient-centered” care environment that will result in high patient satisfaction scores.
- In partnership with Director Practice Operations defines and communicates performance expectations and measurements and regularly monitors performance, which includes feedback from providers for all clinical and administrative support roles. In partnership, monitors the delivery of high quality patient care by supporting the implementation of quality initiatives and ensuring compliance with HIPAA, NCQA and Corporate Compliance programs.
- Refers medical management and clinical questions to local physician leadership, Clinical Managers, RN Leads or specialty directors as appropriate.
- Advises Medical Directors and Director Practice Operations of specific operations problems and solutions or recommendations with a lens towards evaluation of potential multi site impact. Provides problem resolution assistance as necessary.
- Hires new staff, addresses employee relations issues consistent with MPHC policy, ensures that all site staff members receive appropriate orientation, training and development. Ensures that company policies and procedures, state and federal laws and union guidelines are followed within the practice. Assesses staffing needs within a site and is responsible for reallocating staff within the site to address immediate, short term staffing problems.
- Creates an environment of employee ownership in their practice by providing timely communication of practice organization information, engaging employees in problem solving and process improvement, and providing leadership support and resources.
- Participates in local marketing and community relations efforts on behalf of the practice.
- Supports, monitors and audits Standard Work implementation to ensure integration and sustainment into the teams workflows
- Serves as a direct contract for staff for daily messaging and schedules changes to minimize disruption to patient flow
- Oversees providers schedules and schedule management
- Participates in daily huddles and regular team meetings to improve workflows and contribute to improving patient population outcomes
- Leads site Clinical and Patient Service Representative meetings. Will participate in meetings/committees as appropriate on a site, DS and Org Level.
- Partners with Clinical Integration Manager to ensure alignment of patient facing clinical content to ensure it is based on approved clinical guidelines
- Ensure ACC RNs have earned Certification and training on equipment and systems
- Other tasks and projects as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience required
- Minimum 3 years related experience required; healthcare/operational/medical services/delivery systems
- minimum 3 years of leadership and/or management experience required
Direct Reports may include, but are not limited to, all non-provider roles such as:
- Clinical Support
- Patient Services Representatives
- Administrative Staff
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.