MyHealthMath (MHM) is a unique startup straddling insurtech, fintech, and healthtech spaces. Our differentiated approach harnesses the power of people acting in their own best interest, by using proprietary algorithms and machine learning to save money for both employers and employees. By guiding employers, employees, and carriers towards making better health plan decisions, we help clients gain unprecedented clarity into how to optimize benefit costs and quality. Now growing and scaling rapidly, we are looking for energetic, enthusiastic, and experienced folks to build out our team.
We are looking for a driven self-starter and results-oriented team player to join our Tech team as a Senior Application Developer. In this role you will build the applications we turn into our core products in the marketplace. You will design, code, test, debug, and document applications based on functional/technical specifications created in partnership with product owners, analysts, project teams.
To excel in this role, you should have:
- Solid experience to develop applications that delight our customers by being enjoyable to use, performant, and secure.
- Ability to maintain, support, and enhance applications as needed and identified by key stakeholders such as product owners and project teams.
- Experience in testing and debugging applications individually and collectively to ensure performance, security, privacy, and interoperability.
- An ability to regularly seek information about the business functions and customers using your applications to ensure their requirements are met.
- Creativity in utilizing effective means for describing key components of your work such as application design, code base, utilization, and maintenance to ensure your applications are both utilized and maintained as intended.
- Experience acting as a key partner to primary stakeholders (e.g., product owners, project teams, end users) through all stages of the application lifecycle, including design, development, release, support, maintenance, upgrade, and retirement.
To be successful in this role you should:
- Hold a bachelor’s degree or have a commensurate level of education plus experience.
- Possess 5-8 years of professional application development experience, preferably in a healthtech or insurtech setting.
- Be proficient with Azure DevOps or similar Agile software management tools and Git.
- Understand agile software development principles, methodologies, and processes.
- Have experience with relational databases preferably SQL Server
- Have working knowledge of NoSQL databases.
- Possess strong problem-solving skills.
- Be able to work independently as well as on teams.
- Have excellent communication, business partnering, and customer service skills.
- Be skilled working with cross-functional project and product teams.
It would be nice for you to have:
- Significant experience with Terraform.
- Experience with identity providers such Auth0.
- Experience developing applications in Azure serverless services such as Web Jobs and Azure Functions.
- Proficient cloud networking experience.
Why work at MyHealthMath?
We are passionate about what we do and about the goals we are trying to accomplish. Improving well-being by optimizing the value of health insurance is why we come to work. We strive to work smart and do our best to treat all individuals with kindness. We are dog friendly and enjoy socializing together.
We are looking for people who want to work hard and think like an owner – and reward this with stock options. We provide competitive salaries, quality health insurance, and a generous 401k plan. Currently working remotely, we expect to be back in our beautiful office in Portland’s Monument Square at some point in the future while retaining significant WFH flexibility. We have a generous vacation policy and support flexible work schedules, professional development, engaged mentoring and shared decision-making. We believe in hiring the best and cultivating a culture of collaboration and appreciation.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. MyHealthMath considers applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics or any other basis forbidden under federal, state or local law.