Job Title: Manager-Transmission Revenue Requirement
Reports to: Sr. Director - Regulatory Finance
Location: Binghamton, NY Rochester, NY Orange, CT Augusta, ME
Salary Range: $118,000? - 154,875?
This position is responsible for the development, budgeting, management, and communication of transmission revenue requirements and associated rates for NYSEG and RG&E as it relates to CLCPA Phase II and any other Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC) jurisdictional transmission rate recovery investments.
The Manager - Transmission Revenue Requirements, New York will be the owner of the NYSEG/RG&E FERC formula rate-setting process, and will work in close coordination with internal departments such as Control and Regulatory and external entities such as the NY Independent System Operator (NYISO) and the NY Public Service Commission (NYPSC) as appropriate to ensure accuracy and sufficiency of the revenue requirements and associated rates.
Develops presentations and communication materials and represents the Company before regulators and other external stakeholders. Develops internal communications and lead meetings to ensure fully informed Company’s decision-makers on NY transmission FERC jurisdictional transmission rate issues affecting the Company and its customers.
The following apply as related to NY CLCPA Phase II program and any other FERC jurisdictional transmission rate recovery investments for NYSEG and RG&E:
- Responsible for leading the FERC formula rate process for NYSEG and RG&E, including but not limited to, budgets/long-term outlook, development of revenue requirements, rates base calculations, journal entries, allocations, billing, true-up calculations, variance analysis, execution of formula rate protocols, development of business case support, and preparation of FERC formula rate updates
- Develops FERC and NYPSC filings including, but not limited to, formula rate updates, Construction Work in Progress (CWIP) reporting, NYPSC compliance filings/reports, and completion of NYPSC-required NYSEG/RG&E CEO mandates associated with transmission rates
- Prepares testimony and exhibits, plus serves as witness in support of NYSEG/RG&E transmission rate matters. Leads the development of the Company’s response to all FERC data/information requests associated with NYSEG/RG&E transmission rates and revenue requirements. Assists with the Company’s response to NYPSC data/information requests associated with NYSEG/RG&E transmission rates and revenue requirements. Represents the Company in meetings, hearings and technical sessions with federal and state regulators and their staffs
- Interfaces with the NYISO to ensure accuracy of Company transmission rates and revenue requirements billed through the NYISO tariff
- Accountable for departmental results and developing team members
- Leads cross-functional teams to ensure that NYSEG/RG&E FERC transmission rates are accurate and consistent with the Company’s accounting requirements and all applicable laws and regulations.
- Serves as a subject matter expert on New York FERC approved formula transmission rate matters, including maintaining a detailed understanding of the FERC-jurisdictional rates for other utilities and transmission providers in the State, as well as a detailed understanding of current FERC policy regarding transmission rates
- Evaluates, analyzes, and summarizes documents for regulatory, policy, strategy, and business implications, including but not limited to Company documents, interview notes, regulatory filings, interrogatories, orders, and reports. Produces PowerPoint presentations, Word reports and regulatory filings, and Excel analyses
- Develops information for executive-level decision making and makes presentations to executives and steering committee(s).
Skills and Requirements
Education & Experience Required:
- Requires Bachelor’s Degree in Economics, Finance, Business, Accounting, or other related fields of study with an emphasis on critical thinking and strong analytic skills required, including ability to meaningfully synthesize information into insightful inputs to strategy. MBA or other post-graduate degree preferred.
- 8+ years of relevant experience, with a strong preference for experience with regulatory processes related to utility finance and GAAP accounting, transmission tariffs, and regulatory compliance.
- A demonstrated track record of interacting across organizations with credibility and integrity
- In depth knowledge of cost accounting and utility ratemaking principles; prefer experience with FERC transmission ratemaking and formula rates
- Understanding of IFRS accounting principles and/or audit experience a plus
- Helpful to have experience in using enterprise SAP system
- Helpful to have knowledge of FERC regulations for electric transmission and the NYISO tariff
- High level of attention to detail, and diligence to perform detailed reviews of information to ensure a high degree of data accuracy
- Keen ability to develop, coordinate and lead cross-functional teams in support of Company goals and regulatory requirements
- Superior interpersonal and oral/written communication skills
- Demonstrated analytical skills and judgment dealing with complex business issues
- Agility, versatility, and flexibility, productive in a multi- tasking and rapidly changing environment
- Motivated and a strong collaborator
- Understanding of interrelationships of revenue requirements, rate design and financial performance
All offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of a medical Fit for Duty exam, background check, references, drug screen, verification of legal right to work in the U.S., and in some cases, a credit check.
A credit check will be administered when a prospective employee will be working in Finance, Accounting, Treasury or where duties may involve handling of funds, accounts or cash.
A Motor Vehicle (MVR) check will be administered when a prospective employee will be regularly using a company vehicle.
Avangrid Renewables is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, status as an individual with a disability, or any other status or class protected by federal or state law
- Be a role model
- Be agile
- Collaborate and Share
- Develop Self & Others
- Empower to grow
- Focus to achieve results
- Technical Skills
Our Selection Process
Please note that any applicant who is not a citizen of the country of the vacancy will be subject to compliance with the applicable immigration requirements to legally work in that country
Avangrid employees may be assigned a system emergency role and in the event of a system emergency, may be required to work outside of their regular schedule/job duties. This is applicable to employees that will work in Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, and New York within AVANGRD Network and Corporate functions. This does not include those that will work for Avangrid Renewables