The ideal candidate for this position will be a graduate student with experience in data analysis and an understanding of the healthcare industry. This intern will collaborate with Planning leadership and analytics team members to conduct a strategic planning project for a local health system. The intern will analyze statewide discharge data and other internal hospital data. They will have opportunities to work with a variety of clinical professionals and may be asked to assist with communications efforts.
We are looking for motivated individuals who are interested in gaining valuable, hands-on experience and making a real difference while working within the healthcare field. MaineHealth interns will have the exciting opportunity to work, learn, and develop their skills at the largest healthcare organization in Maine. Interns provide administrative and project support within their department, and are valued members of each department team.
The MaineHealth Internship Program runs from June 1st – August 7th 2020.
We offer FREE bus trips to our employees traveling on the Greater Portland Metro (including BREEZ and HUSKY lines), South Portland Bus Service, and ShuttleBus-ZOOM.
Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
– Education: Student who is currently enrolled in a four-year degree program in pursuit of a Bachelor’s degree preferred.
– License/Certifications: N/A
– Experience: N/A
– Strong analytical thinking.
– Must work independently, take initiative to complete assigned projects with minimal direction, and be able to prioritize tasks within an assigned project.
– Ability to maintain confidentiality in the performance of duties.
– Excellent communication and presentation skills, both oral and written.
– Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products and other technologies as needed.