Public Safety Dispatcher
The City of Bangor is seeking qualified applicants for the position of full-time Public Safety Dispatcher. If you have an interest in law enforcement and a desire to help those in need in your community, this position may be for you!
This position requires the ability to work in a fast-paced telecommunications center answering business and emergency calls and dispatching appropriate police, fire or other emergency response personnel. The successful applicant will possess excellent communication skills and be able to work calmly under pressure; learn to work with computer-based dispatching systems; and must be able to successfully pass a background check. Training will be provided to the successful candidate as needed to become certified. The position involves shift work with some required overtime. This is an opportunity for a self-motivated and dedicated individual to join a professional communication staff in a modern dispatching environment.
The benefits of working for the City of Bangor include:
• Competitive wage range ($18.31 to $21.77/hour)
• Paid time off – vacation (starting at 2 weeks with the potential to earn more the longer you stay with the City) and sick leave (3 weeks per year in addition to your vacation time)
• Paid holidays
• Paid military leave
• Annual merit-based increases of up to 5% (until the maximum of the salary scale is reached)
• Defined contribution retirement plan with generous City contribution
• Multiple options for health, dental, and vision insurance and the City pays up to 80% of health insurance premiums.
• Paid long term disability coverage
• Contributing to the safety and security of the community
If this sounds like the opportunity you have been looking for, please download an application at bangormaine.gov/employ. The application can be printed and filled out or can be filled out and saved electronically. Applications are accepted in person during City Hall (73 Harlow St in Bangor) regular business hours (Monday through Friday, 8am to 4:30pm) or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be accepted until positions are filled. Thank you for your interest in the City of Bangor!
Equal opportunity employer