MEMIC’s Summer Internship Program is 11 weeks filled with meaningful work, learning sessions and networking opportunities. Our goal is to help prepare our interns for their future careers by providing them with hands on experience related to their field of study. This is a paid internship and students can receive credit toward their degree. The program will begin on June 1st and end on August 14th. This internship will be full-time (37.5 hours per week).
The Human Resources intern will gain experience in project work as it relates to all areas in Human Resources. The intern will be working directly with the HR Team on a variety of tasks and projects relating to training, development, payroll and employee relations.
- Reviews and edits training materials in collaboration with training team.
- Establishes or improves processes/procedures for registration and training attendance record keeping within HRIS; coordinates with communications team for internal website updates.
- Updates registrations, schedules trainings and prepares materials for upcoming training sessions as well as prepares and delivers certifications for past trainings.
- Researches content for new training initiatives.
- Coordinates, schedules, and participates in networking opportunities for training team with internal and external partners.
- Develops a Master Depository for All State Tax Information, including Tax IDs, Current Rates, Contact Information etc. to set up as a shared file between HR and Finance.
- Organizes and audits HR shared drive for efficiency and relevant documents.
- Researches wellness ideas to support Wellness Committee annual plan.
- Assists with job description project.
- Analyzes current HR reports to determine trends.
- Must be pursuing a Bachelor’s degree and have an interest in Human Resources including training, development, payroll and employee relations.
- Must have a minimum GPA of 3.0.
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be proficient in Excel, Microsoft Word and PowerPoint.
- Must have skills related to business analysis.
- Must have the ability to complete projects on a timely basis.
- Must be detail oriented and organized.
- Must have the ability to work independently while demonstrating initiative.
- Must be able to maintain a high level of confidentially.
MEMIC is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination and equal opportunity for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, genetics, gender identity, veteran's status, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law.