Professional Land Surveyor
Direct Hire South Portland, Maine
Our Maine-based client is seeking to add a Professional Land Surveyor (PLS) / Project Surveyor to their growing team. This Direct Hire position will oversee all survey aspects of a project, working independently or in coordination with our other Project Managers.
- Location: South Portland, Maine
- Type: Direct Hire
- Job #18731
Responsibilities and Tasks—in this role, you will:
• Coordinate and oversee all survey work related to a project
• Direct the survey component of projects
• Work with the Survey Manager to schedule field and office work
• Review fieldwork, research data, prepare boundary and topographic surveys, prepare existing condition surveys, and oversee construction layout surveys
• Brief the Survey Project Managers on projects for quality control.
Key Competencies—to be successful, you will need to:
• Work independently with minimal supervision
• Communicate clearly, both verbally and in writing
• Make decisions with the company’s best interest in mind
• Present a professional demeanor when communicating with co-workers and clients
• Provide efficient and cost-effective services
Education and Experience
ProSearch was established in Portland, Maine in 1994 to provide companies with a full range of search, staffing and contracting services, specializing in the functional areas of information technology, accounting and finance, sales and marketing, customer service, human resource and office support utilizing a consultative approach. ProSearch strives to develop true partnerships with client companies and candidates to fully understand and satisfy their employment needs.
- Minimum five (5) years of experience as a licensed professional land surveyor, or 7 years combined experience and education, including boundary, topographic and construction layout services.