Join Martin's Point Health Care - an innovative, not-for-profit health care organization offering care and coverage to the people of Maine and beyond. As a joined force of "people caring for people," Martin's Point employees are on a mission to transform our health care system while creating a healthier community. Martin's Point employees enjoy an organizational culture of trust and respect, where our values - taking care of ourselves and others, continuous learning, helping each other, and having fun - are brought to life every day. Join us and find out for yourself why Martin's Point has been certified as a "Great Place to Work" since 2015. Learn more about this exciting opportunity for an experienced, senior administrative professional who enjoys front-facing work and talking with patients. This position supports our Comprehensive Care Program and its team of Community Based Nurses. Help the team build enrollment in the Program by contacting patients who have expressed interest in learning more about our CCP Services. Also, support the nursing team and the Program Director with departmental admin needs. This is a well-rounded, full position with a fun and growing group!Don't wait to apply...this one will be filled fast!
- Patient recruitment, outreach, scheduling and enrollment processing, report coordination.
- Assess program eligibility and information completeness for patients referred according to program eligibility standards.
- Manage Comprehensive Care Program patient referrals and intake according to standards
- Initiate outreach to eligible beneficiaries. Send letters (when appropriate), contact patients by telephone calls (according to protocol). Utilize active listening skills and sales techniques to effectively encourage and schedule patients for informational sessions/consent visits with nurses.
- Schedules consent visits for MPHC Care Managers at times that are convenient for members and allow nurses travel and documentation time.
- Develop and send letters and communications to participants, physicians and others using, appropriate database and software applications and mail merge.
- Provides project management in support of the Comprehensive Care Program
- Complete reminder calls to patients according to the protocol before their scheduled informational session or consent visit to confirm appointment date, time and directions for the nurse/patient.
- Use the SPERO® information technology platform to document enrollment activities.
- Assist nurses as needed in preparing for visits/sessions. Prepare materials, patient lists, baseline patient information from patient’s provider record, and confirmation notes.
- Review consent forms, assessments, and other patient documents for completeness if there are errors, omissions or discrepancies, reconcile with nurses and Senior Clinical Leads.
- Photocopy and scan patient consents; file the originals in the appropriate binder and scan copies in the appropriate secure electronic location.
- Assist in obtaining key clinical measures from the patient’s Primary Care Practice and enter results when they are available. Contact physician practices and request an initial set of current labs, immunizations, etc. for newly enrolled participants.
- Completes special project assignments which may include compiling information, report generation, spreadsheet compilation and analysis, and maintenance of necessary records and files.
- Manage communications with participants through mailings and by phone to confirm visits, group programs, meetings with nurses, or inform of changes.
- Communicate with nursing staff regarding clinical information received.
- Run, manipulate, store, and disseminate hospital utilization reports in accordance with established MPHC procedures.
- Tracks nurse time out of the office, to assist in planning for coverage
- Manage participant mailings, ensure quality checks and complete timely and accurate data entry for patient satisfaction surveys and for other purposes as requested.
- Assist senior leaders and team with additional functions as needed.
- Establish and maintain schedule for copying, stocking and replacing commonly used paper forms, patient education materials, and assessment tools, ensuring inventory is never depleted
- Handles the electronic calendar of the Director(s) supported, scheduling meetings, managing meeting participant notifications, protecting time on the calendar for administrative time and breaks and other scheduling requirements as outlined.
- Makes travel reservations and arranges audio-visual equipment, supplies and food for meetings
- Responsible for producing various documents, including minutes, memos, reports, spreadsheets, expenses, and correspondence as needed
- Responsible for managing and maintaining filing system, overseeing operation of all office equipment, managing and prioritizing mail, ordering supplies, and managing office expenses.
- Answers incoming telephone calls using Martin’s Point’s Customer Service standards and directs calls to appropriate individuals.
- Assist Comprehensive Care Program participants ensuring their safety, comfort and needs upon arrival; assist with coordinating transportation as needed
- Ordering all printed supplies (business cards, letterhead, envelopes), keeping supplies stocked.
- Tracking receipts and reconciling director and officer company credit cards; attaching those receipts, on a timely monthly basis to credit card statements issued by Finance
- Key contact for employee issues regarding security and environmental issues in the office space.
- Back up to other administrative assistants as necessary
- Other duties as required.
- High school diploma or equivalent required. Post-secondary education preferred.
- 4+ years of relevant administrative experience in a business office environment required.
- Experience as a senior level administrative assistant preferred.
- Experience in a health care/managed care organization preferred.
- Experience working in a physician practice
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.
Do you have a question about careers at Martin’s Point Health Care? Contact us at: email@example.com