Stone Coast Fund Services is an award-winning, steadily growing hedge fund administrator that’s found a better way in a better place. With a sole office in Portland, Maine, Stone Coast comprises over 200 hard-working and smart professionals who deliver administration services to over 100 hedge fund managers around the country with investors around the world. We hire carefully, treat people well, and are rewarded by exceedingly low turnover in an industry where high turnover is the norm.
Our mission, to “take pleasure in work done well, and in working well with others,” is an obligation to our clients, to their investors, to our communities and ultimately to our peers and ourselves. Fund administration, done well, requires carefully selecting smart, dedicated professionals and providing them with the resources, training and workplace culture that will engender their loyalty and bring out their best. To that end, we strive to develop and nurture relationships that are characterized by trust, respect and affection. We look for colleagues – and clients – who will share and reciprocate these values.
Our location is central to our mission. Stone Coast is in the heart of Portland’s Old Port waterfront, a picture-perfect tourist destination that we’re fortunate to call home. Our offices offer beautiful views of Portland Harbor and the islands of Casco Bay. From our front door, we can walk to award-winning restaurants, cafes, museums and shops. Living in Portland and surrounding areas offers excellent schools, minimal commutes and proximity to beaches, mountains and state parks.
The Group Manager of Investor Services will have overall responsibility for the morale, cohesion, productivity, processes, and work product of the group. Accordingly, the group manager has full responsibility to:
- Manage, develop, and motivate staff in the group
- Foster harmonious relationships within the group, with colleagues outside the group and throughout the company, and with clients
- Ensure that procedures and processes performed within the group are performed in accordance with department and firm-wide standards and protocols
- Oversee the timeliness and quality of services delivered by the group to meet the goal of internal and external client satisfaction
- Act as an effective conduit for communication and point of escalation within the group, and between the group and others—both internally and externally
Qualifications and Experience
The ideal candidate has the following:
- 5-7 years of experience in the financial services industry, including years in progressively responsible investor services positions at a fund administrator
- Proficiency with all aspects of investor transaction processing from investor setup through transaction confirmations and subsequent client reporting
- Proficiency reading and understanding fund offering documents, regulatory guidance, entity formation documents, and other legal documents
- Sound understanding of SEC, FINRA, AML, FATCA/CRS, Regulation S-ID and other regulatory requirements affecting funds and fund investors
- Proficiency with Advent World-Investor, as well as the proprietary software and technology tools and databases utilized at Stone Coast to render investor services
- Experience with and interest in drafting or reviewing business requirements documentation, and testing and analysis of new technology tools
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, especially Microsoft Excel
Four year college degree
Please note your application will be considered incomplete without the following materials:
Hybrid Work Flexibility model
This position offers hybrid flexibility, allowing for both time in the office and the ability to work from home. Onboarding and training after 9/7/2021 will be conducted from the office. After completing training, you will be able to work from both the office and home. Please note, in response to COVID-19 we continue to conduct all interviews remotely.
We seek high aptitude, intellectually curious candidates that enjoy working as part of a team, satisfying our clients and striving for the highest standards. The quality of our services derives solely from the quality of our people. Therefore, we seek smart, hard-working, ethical and friendly professionals – from recent college graduates to fund administration veterans.
Inclusivity and Equal Opportunity Statement
At Stone Coast, we strive to reflect the community of which we are so grateful to be a part, and are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and colleagues without regard to race, religion, ethnicity, national origin, sex or orientation, gender or identity, disability, age, veteran status, and any other basis or status designated under applicable laws.
If you don’t see an opening for which you are qualified, but do have relevant industry experience, please feel encouraged to apply to our General Application at the Career Center at www.stone-coast.com . Our growth compels us to continuously search for talent, and we may be contemplating a position that fits your experience.