POSITION - UNION: Line Worker 2/C (1/C acceptable)(CMP-ME-Rockland Serv Building)(36427)
NUMBER OF OPEN POSITIONS: 1
LOCATION: CMP-ME-Rockland Serv Building
- Safely performs all types of transmission and distribution pole line work, including climbing poles, installing or maintaining crossarms, pins, insulators, wires and cable, transformers, cutouts, lightning arrestors and related equipment.
- Works on energizes lines and equipment in accordance with Company’s Distribution and/or Transmission Standards and Safety Regulations.
- Assumes the responsibility of emergency duty with a minimum of supervision and directs the activities of lower rated workers. Sharing the standby requirements of the area.
- Prepares and keeps such records as may be necessary and performs other appropriate work as may be assigned.
Skills and Requirements
- Must have passed the exam and be a qualified Line Worker 1/C .
- Must have a valid Class A driver's license unless you were a Lineworker with a Class B driver’s license prior to 7/1/2009, and a good record of safe driving.
- Is subject to the Company random drug and alcohol testing policy.
- Must reside within an acceptable distance (45 minutes) from their regular reporting location or be willing to relocate within nine months of transfer and be available for emergency assignments.
- Must practice Company safety policies and procedures.
- Must be capable of performing all the essential functions of the classification.
- Be a role model
- Be agile
- Collaborate and Share
- Develop Self & Others
- Empower to grow
- Focus to achieve results
- Technical Skills
Please note that any applicant who is not a citizen of the country of the vacancy will be subject to compliance with the applicable immigration requirements to legally work in that country