Promotes, maintains, and improves individual and community health by facilitating the National Diabetes Prevention Program (NDPP) to patients and employees across the MaineHealth service area. Working under the general supervision of the prevention and Wellness Program Manager, this position is responsible for delivering the NDPP in a group setting, preparing for weekly classes, collecting and reporting data, and assisting in the recruitment and retention of participants. This position serves a full-county area; travel may be required.
- Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
- Bachelor’s degree in health education, public health or a closely related field preferred.
- Appropriate training and/certification may be required.
- Knowledge of relevant research and practice in medical care, health education, individual behavior change, public policy and community health.
- Knowledge of, and ability to use, a wide array of behavioral and communication techniques to facilitate large and small groups.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and abilities to respond to diverse needs from patients, families and employees.
- Ability to use both written and oral communications with a wide variety of audiences; extensive public speaking experience.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, and to collaborate with teams of individuals in diverse settings.
- Highly organized, proactive and timely.