For a limited time MaineHealth is offering a sign on bonus for Nurse Managers of $10,000.00
Eligible candidates are hired into a Full Time position.
Current MaineHealth member employees are ineligible; former MaineHealth Members are ineligible until greater than 6 months separation from employment
Nurse Manager, Emergency Department
SMHC is seeking a Nurse Manager to complement the Leadership Team of the Emergency Department.
- The ideal candidate has strong leadership experience, excellent communication and emotional intelligence skills, exemplifies the ability to foster growth and development of the ED Nursing Team, and engages team members in the provision of excellent patient-centered care.
- This position requires Emergency Department experience, advocacy skills, and the ability to foster a healthy work environment based on team collaboration and evidence based care.
- Someone to complement our shared leadership team supporting the community hospital emergency department in Biddeford and satellite emergency department in Sanford.
- Emergency department and leadership experience required.
The Nurse Manager has 24-hour accountability for the provision of nursing services on their unit. S/he is responsible for maintaining systems and procedures that will ensure quality patient care, promote cost effectiveness, educate and support competent nursing practice. The Nurse Manager skills entail coaching, motivating and leading a professional team to provide safe and effective care.
Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
- Education: Bachelor of Science in Nursing desired. Masters in Nursing preferred.
- License/Certifications: Current registered nurse licensure by the Maine State Board of Nursing. Certification in Nursing leadership is desired.
- Experience: Minimum of three years' knowledge and experience in Management preferred.
- Strong customer service and communication skills required.
- Extensive interaction with physicians, intra- and interdepartmental staff members, patient and family members, office staff and professional organizations outside the hospital setting.
- Visual and mental concentration required for updating policies and practices, performance reviews and coordinating scheduling needs.
With a career at any of the MaineHealth locations across Maine and New Hampshire, you’ll be working with health care professionals that truly value the people around them – both within the walls of the organization and the communities that surround it.
We offer benefits that support an individual's needs for today and flexibility to plan for tomorrow – programs such as paid parental leave, a flexible work policy, student loan assistance, training and education, along with well-being resources for you and your family.
MaineHealth remains focused on investing in our care team and developing an inclusive environment where you can thrive and feel supported to realize your full potential. If you’re looking to build a career in a place where people help one another deliver best-in-class care, apply today.