Franklin Printing is a family-owned and run commercial printing business. We’ve been in business for over 50 years, and we are growing! Learn more about us and our inkjet web press in this MaineBiz article: https://www.mainebiz.biz/article/pandemic-drives-farmington-companys-25m-investment-in-maines-largest-inkjet-printer. We currently have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Purchasing / Production Manager to join our team in Farmington, Maine.
The Purchasing / Production Manager will facilitate “just in time” purchasing of raw materials and services critical to the manufacturing of our products. We customize our products specific to our customers’ needs, so persistence and strong problem-solving skills are key to this role. Our in-house capabilities include offset, digital and wide format printing; bindery services; folding cartons and mail & fulfillment.
The ideal candidate will understand the print production environment and have experience managing the purchasing process in these areas from start to finish, meeting all critical deadlines. This position will also be responsible for production planning and logistical functions and will effectively manage plant inventories to achieve business objectives.
- Plan and coordinate operations from the receipt of raw material from vendors to the shipment of final product to the customer.
- Negotiate contracts with vendors and suppliers.
- Manage tactical purchasing requirements, placing orders, expediting materials and services.
- Implement and oversee inventory control processes for raw materials and manufacturing supplies.
- Build/maintain relationships with suppliers and ensure best pricing.
- Develop strategies to reduce lead times and control costs.
- 5+ years of purchasing/production experience in printing operations.
- Broad knowledge of offset printing production methods and operations.
- Firm grasp of supply chain, inventory, distribution, business and management principles.
- Sourcing and negotiating expertise.
- Strong computer skills, including Excel.
Franklin Printing provides a competitive compensation package, which includes 100% employer-paid employee health insurance, a casual/friendly work environment, dental, 12 days of PTO, 7 paid holidays and 401(k) with 3% company contribution.
NO PHONE CALLS OR RECRUITER PLEASE
Franklin Printing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, familial status, domestic violence status, or any other status protected by law.