The Policy Services Assistant I is part of a team that is responsible for tracking incoming and outgoing documents for the Underwriting Department. Job functions include preparation of new and renewal policies for mailing, preparation of endorsement packets, stocking supplies, and indexing “drop file” mail to ImageRight.
- Prepares outgoing policy documents for delivery to policy holders and ensures adherence to mailing deadlines.
- Tracks, updates and re-processes returned mail.
- Scans, archives, tracks, retrieves, stores, and dispositions all documents sent to ImageRight from various departments.
- Updates ImageRight documents with accurate naming.
- Monitors NCCI reports and multiple state bureau websites to identify experience modification and risk ID changes and routes as needed.
- Prints Experience Mods to ImageRight files.
- Indexes “drop file” tasks in ImageRight.
- Stocks processing supplies and prepares endorsement packets.
- Ensures that archived paper documents are stored and destroyed securely.
- Performs routine scanner maintenance as needed.
- A high school diploma or equivalent is required. Experience in insurance is helpful but not required.
- Must have the ability to type with speed and accuracy.
- Must have strong organizational skills.
- Must have the ability to multi-task.
- Must be proficient with PC, Windows, MS Outlook, Word and Excel.
MEMIC is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination and equal opportunity for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, genetics, gender identity, veteran's status, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law.