$500 sign-on bonus! – Qualified applicants are eligible for a $500 sign-on bonus for full time positions & prorated sign-on bonus for part time positions!
Inpatient Pharmacy Technicians are responsible for the distribution and preparation of medications for all patients located with Maine Medical Center. Pharmacy Technicians are trained to compound sterile and non-sterile medications, refill automated dispensing cabinets located throughout the hospital, prepack bulk medications into unit-dose preparations, assists pharmacists and nurses to ensure timely delivery of all patients’ medications and other duties related to the care of our patients.
- Pharmacy Technicians are essential members of the pharmacy team at Maine Medical Center, providing support for multiple facets of the pharmacy, including providing exceptional customer service. The Pharmacy Technician I is an entry level position with zero to 12 months of pharmacy technician experience. The Pharmacy Technician I assists the pharmacist by preparing and distributing medications, maintaining drug inventory and pertinent patient records. Additionally, the Pharmacy Technician I will perform other related and assigned duties.
- Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required.
- High school diploma or GED certificate required.
- Associates Degree is preferred.
- PTCB certificate is preferred.
- Currently licensed as a pharmacy technician in the State of Maine or currently eligible consistent with the current State of Maine Board of Pharmacy requirements.
- Ability to assist in meeting the pharmaceutical care needs of all patients.