The Nurse Graduate Opportunity is a full-time position working under the supervision of the Unit Director. The Nurse Graduate will begin an orientation program (didactic and clinical) in a structured setting with a defined educational program for the orientation of new graduates under the continuous, on-site supervision of a registered professional nurse. The Nurse Graduate must pass the NCLEX examination within 3 months of starting orientation.
MDI Hospital and Birch Bay Retirement Village offer a competitive salary, robust medical/dental/vision/life insurance, identity theft protection program, matching retirement plan, ample paid time off, a comprehensive award winning wellness program with reimbursement incentives, generous tuition reimbursement, and continuing education benefits. Some positions may qualify for a sign on bonus and relocation assistance.
MDI Hospital and Birch Bay Retirement Village provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, age, mental disability, physical disability, medical condition, gender, sexual orientation, genetic information, ancestry, marital status, national origin, veteran status, and other classifications protected by applicable state and local non-discrimination laws.
Education, Training or Certifications Required:
- Pass the NCLEX examination within 3 months of hire.
- BLS certification.
- ACLS certification within 1 year of hire
- At least on year of nursing experience.
- Recent training/experience in the assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of patient care.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills essential.
- Possess basic computer skills.
- Demonstrates proficient IV skills.
- Able to take in, process and apply clinical information in a wide variety of patient care situations.
- Ability for high performance under stressful situations.
- Must be able to prioritize and follow through.
- Ability to evaluate effectiveness/appropriateness of services, including resource utilization and allocation.
- Able to sit, stand and walk for an 8-12 hour shift.
- Adequate hearing, vision, speech and manual dexterity.
- General health must be such as to regularly work scheduled hours.
- Able to lift and carry 25-50 pounds (assisting patients in and out of bed, etc.).
- Potential for exposure to blood and body fluids.
- Potential for exposure to contagious diseases.
- Potential for periods of high stress.