Infrastructure Network Engineer II
At Systems Engineering, our mission is to enable the exceptional with our clients, employees, and the community.
Our Infrastructure team is seeking a full-time
What We’re Looking For
- Experience implementing, managing, and troubleshooting network infrastructure and solving problems on various networking and collaboration technology platforms.
- Knowledge of the OSI Model and other networking principles; broad knowledge of security including protection, detection, and incident response.
- Possess strong customer service, communication, and interpersonal skills, demonstrating a high level of professionalism.
- Be a great teammate, is accountable to assigned projects, and is results-driven to meet customer needs.
- Effective critical thinking, analytical, and problem-solving skills to obtain business solutions.
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and time management skills, ability to adapt to changing priorities, as needed.
- Current technical certifications from the following vendors strongly preferred:
- Cisco (CCNA or CCNP)
- Fortinet (NSE 4-8)
Our Benefits & Culture
Systems Engineering is located in the heart of the Old Port in downtown Portland, beloved for a lively arts & entertainment scene, and an abundance of local craft breweries. We are positioned centrally to the waterfront, trails, parks, and restaurants, and have been repeatedly voted one of Maine’s Best Places to Work. We pride ourselves on being active in the community and proud to be 100% employee-owned. It is a great place to work because the team cares about each other and the company’s future.
- ESOP (Employee Stock Ownership Plan) – Join our team of employee-owners and directly contribute to the strategic direction, growth, workplace culture, and future of the company.
- Employer 401k matching contributions.
- Competitive medical, dental, life, and disability insurance.
- Paid Time Off starting with 17 days PTO, nine paid holidays, two weeks paid parental leave, and paid community volunteer time.
- Engaging wellness programs, including onsite health coaching, fitness facility, and various company-sponsored teams and events.
- Career mobility, professional development, and training as well as certification opportunities.
- Dynamic, fun, and active community culture.
- Business casual work attire.
- Free paid parking in downtown Portland, just a couple blocks from our office.
Systems Engineering is an equal opportunity employer.