The Department of Psychiatry at Maine Medical Center (MMC) is seeking a Physician Assistant (PA) or Nurse Practitioner (NP) to join our psychiatric inpatient team in a variety of settings. We are seeking a flexible clinician that would work with our Consultation and Liaison Service, our multidisciplinary neuropsychiatry Adult-Geriatric Inpatient Service, and our Acute Psychiatric Unit (APU) located adjacent to the Emergency Department. The PA/NP is responsible for ensuring that our psychiatric inpatients receive safe, effective, evidence based care for their medical problems. Some responsibilities will include:
* Performing initial and follow-up psychiatric evaluations for patients admitted to the medical/surgical hospital or in the APU.
* Helping to manage substance use disorders and withdrawal.
* Performing an admission medication reconciliation.
* Writing admission orders.
* Performing admission physical examinations.
* Reviewing laboratory and ancillary studies.
* Coordinating care with the attending psychiatrists, primary care and specialty providers.
* Evaluate and manage any new medical problems that arise for patients on the inpatient unit (with assistance from consulting medical/surgical providers).
Schedule: Sunday – Thursday; 2:00PM – 10:00PM
* Relocation Assistance
* Generous Time Off
* Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance
* Pet Insurance
* ID Theft Protection
* Retirement Plan
* Employee Discount Program
* Career growth opportunities
* Bachelor’s Degree required; Master’s Degree preferred.
* Successful completion of accredited Physician Assistant or Nurse Practitioner program.
* Current license issued by the State of Maine or eligible for licensure.
* Current BLS certification.
* Prior Psychiatric experience is desirable, but not mandatory.