This Senior Construction Project Manager for Ducas Construction is responsible for coordinating and managing all necessary resources throughout the entire project, from start-up through closeout. The PM will manage the complete project which includes budget, costs, schedule, risk management, insurances, general work performance, quality, and overall progress against the plan. The SRPM shall ensure that both the Owner’s and Ducas’s expectations and budgetary guidelines are met or exceeded.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Manages the financial aspect of the project including an effective schedule of values, cost reporting, forecasting, preparing monthly job invoices, and monitor owner and subcontractor payments
- Establish a trusting and professional relationship with the Owner and site engineer, provide status reports, change orders, cash models and other contract logs.
- Build cohesive relationships with subcontractors and suppliers
- Responsible for all scheduling, pricing, negotiations of change orders, and address issues immediately with non-performing subcontractors and suppliers
- Interprets plans and specifications to determine order lead times and answer vendor questions
- Work with the Superintendent and Foreman to control and monitor construction progress
- Represent the company at project meetings, establishes a meeting culture to foster effective communication and problem solving.
- Supports the company Safety and Quality Management Programs through team communication, use of standard operation procedures, weekly safety site walks and establishing quality expectations.
- Perform other duties as assigned
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities)
- Bachelor’s degree in related field required
- A minimum of 10 years of related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience
- Thorough knowledge of construction cost, scheduling, estimating, purchasing, and engineering principles, techniques, and basic accounting principles
- Must be on jobsites/project sites at least 3 days per week
- Ability to read, understand and interpret contract documents, drawing, specifications, scopes of work and project schedules
- Experience with Sage 100 and On-Screen Takeoff software is preferred
- Pleasant and confident demeanor when dealing with colleagues and clients
- Able to manage multiple projects and project teams efficiently and organization skills
- Ability to communicate difficult/sensitive information tactfully, excellent negotiations and presentation skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to act confidently and decisively
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to read, write, and speak English
- Must have valid driver’s license and be insurable by the company.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions. While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear, stand, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee frequently is required to use hands or fingers, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; and reach with hands and arms. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus. The employee will spend most of their time in an office environment with a quiet to moderate noise level noise level. Occasionally, time will be spent in the field environment is usually moderate to very loud. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.